Watch Indian Channels through Internet - No dish required

Krish Rameshkumar

Apr 6, 2010, 4:00:51 AM4/6/10
to SV City
Friends,

If you have hi-speed internet, you can watch the following channels :

- Star Plus
- Star Utsav
- Star Cricket
- Sab TV
- Set Max
- Sony Ent. TV
- Zee Smile
- Zee News
- Sahara Samay National
- B4U Movies India
- Fashion TV
- Channel V
- Colours
- PTV

(30~ 40 more channels soon!)

No dish required
Plug & Play Set top Box
Minimum speed (internet) required : 2MBps
Set top Box price is : Baht 6,900
Subscription 12 months Baht 7,188

For more details, contact Om @ 081 984 0221

____

I don't know about the quality of this service. Earlier, I've
subscribed for a US based IPTV for tamil channels with a set top box
costs about 300 US$ (channellive.tv). I do have 8 MBps speed internet,
but still I cldnt able to watch TVs as promised. Always buffering.
Customer service don't know how to handle this situation.

So better ask for a test drive before subscribing for the above IPTV.

- Ramesh

Hiten

Apr 6, 2010, 10:53:14 PM4/6/10
to SV City
Thailand as a country has "limited international internet bandwidth"
infrastructure. Any internet service provider in Thailand offers
"high" speed LOCAL bandwidth but low speed (limited to a maximum of
512kbps if I dont mistake) international bandwidth. In any case, none
of the home internet connections, almost all of which are ADSL
connections (meaning its just a theoretical maximum bandwidth
availability - e.g. if your local connection is said to be of 8mbps
capacity - you MAY get 8 mbps speed experience only of no one else is
surfing the internet or at best very few persons are using the
internet when you are using it), can ever reach 512kbps international
internet access speeds. And the fact is that none of these iptv
servers of Indian channels are located in Thailand and hence perforce
you must use international bandwidth to access those servers. So it
will be very difficult for you to get seamless TV streams even if you
have 8mbps local connection. The Thai iptv channels are seamless thru
internet because the servers are locally hosted in Bangkok and local
internet connection speeds are good enough to access these channels
seamlessly.

On Apr 6, 3:00 pm, Krish Rameshkumar <rameshkumar1...@gmail.com>

jmms

Apr 6, 2010, 11:14:59 PM4/6/10
to svci...@googlegroups.com
On 4/7/10, Hiten <hiten...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thailand as a country has "limited international internet bandwidth"
> infrastructure. Any internet service provider in Thailand offers
> "high" speed LOCAL bandwidth but low speed (limited to a maximum of
> 512kbps if I dont mistake) international bandwidth. In any case, none
> of the home internet connections, almost all of which are ADSL
> connections (meaning its just a theoretical maximum bandwidth
> availability - e.g. if your local connection is said to be of 8mbps
> capacity - you MAY get 8 mbps speed experience only of no one else is
> surfing the internet or at best very few persons are using the
> internet when you are using it), can ever reach 512kbps international
> internet access speeds. And the fact is that none of these iptv
> servers of Indian channels are located in Thailand and hence perforce
> you must use international bandwidth to access those servers. So it
> will be very difficult for you to get seamless TV streams even if you
> have 8mbps local connection. The Thai iptv channels are seamless thru
> internet because the servers are locally hosted in Bangkok and local
> internet connection speeds are good enough to access these channels
> seamlessly.

How about Caching servers.with ISP...?

- Jmms

Chinnu

Apr 7, 2010, 1:58:34 AM4/7/10
to SV City
A cache server is a dedicated network server or service acting as a
server that saves Web pages or other Internet content locally. By
placing previously requested information in temporary storage, or
cache, a cache server both speeds up access to data and reduces demand
on an enterprise's bandwidth. Cache servers also allow users to access
content offline, including rich media files or other documents. A
cache server is sometimes called a "cache engine."

A cache server is almost always also a proxy server, which is a server
that "represents" users by intercepting their Internet requests and
managing them for users. Typically, this is because enterprise
resources are being protected by a firewall server. That server allows
outgoing requests to go out but screens all incoming traffic. A proxy
server helps match incoming messages with outgoing requests. In doing
so, it is in a position to also cache the files that are received for
later recall by any user. To the user, the proxy and cache servers are
invisible; all Internet requests and returned responses appear to be
coming from the addressed place on the Internet. (The proxy is not
quite invisible; its IP address has to be specified as a configuration
option to the browser or other protocol program.)

As the IP TV is online streaming... its not possible with Cache
Server.

Regards,
Chinnu

jmms

Apr 7, 2010, 2:11:59 AM4/7/10
to svci...@googlegroups.com
> As the IP TV is online streaming... its not possible with Cache
> Server.

Online streaming was also made possible by caching & routers using
multicast.( IGMP ).with a little delay ..

Thanks for the details..

>> - Jmms

Chinnu

Apr 7, 2010, 2:28:51 AM4/7/10
to SV City
Yes with IGMP snooping it may possible as you said with "little delay"

now new advance IGMP snooping technology with cisco system may
possible but still delay will be there....

anyways with channellive.tv without buffer in thailand is not possible
(unless you get 100% International Bandwidth, always the international
bandwidth speed with TRUE is 512 kbps).

Regards,
Chinnu

wajahat

Apr 7, 2010, 3:59:53 AM4/7/10
to SV City
Dear Friends

Many of you may know Ramesh whom we hire to get support for TV
channels, knows about and provides another type of subscription which
is much cheaper then any services/subscriptions but serves a wider
range (hundreds) of channels including all of our favorite Indian
channels, English news, movies, documentaries, cartoons, sports, many
Pakistani and English channels only for 300 baht/month (plus the setup
box price around 6000 Baht per user).

Many of my friends subscribed this service at their home and they are
still very satisfy. The only requirement is a big satellite dish,
which we already have and a high-speed internet connection. The only
obstacle to get that service is maybe the S.V. City management that
not allows us to use that dish.

If we try to convince SV management for cheaper and better service, I
am sure we will get best of the channels from world wide.

Thankyou and best regards
Wajahat

Krish Rameshkumar

Apr 7, 2010, 4:06:30 AM4/7/10
to SV City
First of all, I'm not the 'Ramesh' mentioned in the earlier message.

And, regarding the set top box thing, SV City's TV set up is entirely
different.

Normally for a 8,000 Baht one time set up of a big dish and a receiver
we can receive almost all the FTA (free-to-air) Indian channels
without any monthly fee.

But as the S.V.City technicians maintain the distribution of TV
Channels, we cannot get all those channels directly. For each channel
we have to provide them a separate receiver. For example, INSAT 2E got
many Indian Channels. If we are living in an Individual house, we can
fix a single dish and single receiver and can able to get all those
channels.

Whereas in condos like S.V., it is impossible.

- Ramesh

wajahat

Apr 7, 2010, 4:25:17 AM4/7/10
to SV City
Thanks Mr. Ramesh for the clarification regarding name and that is
only a coincidence.

I would like to mention that technically and according to my
discussion with Ramesh the service provider, it is possible in a condo
like SV city, and it is actually same setup as mentioned in the
original topic (April 6:30 pm) but we need a big dish (what we already
have) with SV Management permission in addition only. We may need to
talk with Ramesh the service provider and SV management.

On Apr 7, 3:06 pm, Krish Rameshkumar <rameshkumar1...@gmail.com>

wajahat

Apr 29, 2010, 2:06:37 AM4/29/10
to SV City
Any news or views on this subject of conversation ?

wani...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2015, 11:09:12 AM2/26/15
to svci...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,
Can you please provide contact no of any person who can provide Indian channels in bangkok.
I am kind of new here and have no idea on this.

For me paying 6000bhat up front and around 800 bhat every month is kind of too much.

Please help.

Please drop me a msg on 0624529541

Regards,
Tawqeer