SunPy TESS Talk

Steven Christe

Apr 24, 2015, 11:37:34 AM4/24/15
to su...@googlegroups.com, Amir Caspi, Jack Ireland
Here is what I plan on presenting at the TESS meeting for the SunPy tutorial which is taking place on Monday evening. This talk should be about an hour. After this we would move into a more workshop mode. I used a bunch of content from the Python and SunPy workshop held at Sheffield University (thanks Drew and Stuart!)

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/ehsteve/ipython-notebooks/blob/master/TESS%202015%20-%20SunPy.ipynb

Comments appreciated!

Danny Ryan

Apr 26, 2015, 10:03:58 AM4/26/15
to su...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steve,

I’ve only just had a chance to look at your IPython Notebook tutorial. It looks great! Well done.

I know it’s late in the day, but would it also be a good idea to mention Quantities. I know this is AstroPy and not SunPy but Quantities will be more integrated into SunPy 0.6 and I think Quantities are a really good advantage of Python over IDL. “Never get you units confused again!”-kind of sales pitch. If it is too late to make changes to the IPython Notebook itself, perhaps it’s something to at least mention during your talk.

See you later,
Dan

Jack Ireland

Apr 26, 2015, 1:59:23 PM4/26/15
to su...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

I'm going to adapt the 0.6beta notes on quantities.

jack