SunPy Manual in Portuguese

André Leon S. Gradvohl

Sep 15, 2016, 11:48:02 AM9/15/16
to SunPy
Dear SunPy Community

  I am André Gradvohl, a professor at School of Technology at the University of Campinas, Brazil. An undergraduate student supervised by me wrote a version of SunPy manual in Portuguese, as a part of his undergraduate research program. We belong to the HighPIDS research group (http://highpids.ft.unicamp.br), which is developing some research on Space Weather and machine learning subjects.

  The manual is available at ResearchGate (http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.13439.00169).

  Please, feel free to disseminate our manual to broaden the SunPy user community.

  Best Regards

DVD PS

Sep 15, 2016, 1:23:01 PM9/15/16
to sunpy
That's amazing André!!

I wonder whether we could get the text in some other format (plain text, markdown, ...), so we could see how to incorporate within the documentation. I've been looking exactly this morning about the localisation of documentation and static websites, so this looks like a very good thing to try it out!!

Let me know if you or Vinicius could share that with me and add you and him in the contributors list.

Obrigado!
David
PS. Now it's up to me to do it in Spanish :)

André Leon S. Gradvohl

Sep 15, 2016, 3:00:47 PM9/15/16
to SunPy
Hello David,

  Unfortunately, I couldn't convince Vinícius to write the manual in LaTeX. Therefore, we have only the Word (docx) version. Please let me know if the docx version will help you and we'll be glad to share.

  In addition, we'll be very honored If our names appear on the contributions list.

  Best regards.

On 15 September 2016 at 16:48, André Leon S. Gradvohl <andre.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear SunPy Community

  I am André Gradvohl, a professor at School of Technology at the University of Campinas, Brazil. An undergraduate student supervised by me wrote a version of SunPy manual in Portuguese, as a part of his undergraduate research program. We belong to the HighPIDS research group (http://highpids.ft.unicamp.br), which is developing some research on Space Weather and machine learning subjects.

  The manual is available at ResearchGate (http://dx.doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.2.13439.00169).

  Please, feel free to disseminate our manual to broaden the SunPy user community.

  Best Regards

DVD PS

Sep 15, 2016, 5:12:52 PM9/15/16
to sunpy
  Unfortunately, I couldn't convince Vinícius to write the manual in LaTeX. Therefore, we have only the Word (docx) version. Please let me know if the docx version will help you and we'll be glad to share.

docx should be fine, I will need first to convert the documentation into "po" format used for translations, and then I may need you ro Vinícius help to check that I've pasted the translations in the right place. If you and Vinícius are familiar with git and github will help, otherwise we will figure out. But to don't fill people inboxes, please share the file via dropbox (or similar) or just send it to me.

  In addition, we'll be very honored If our names appear on the contributions list.

We are the ones honoured to get such translations!! That helps to get further to more users!!

Thanks!!
David