SunPy 0.5.3 released now with conda packages!

Stuart Mumford

Jan 22, 2015, 11:39:26 AM1/22/15
to su...@googlegroups.com, sunp...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I would like to announce the release of SunPy 0.5.3. This is a small bug fix release with two fixes:

  • GOESLightCurve.peek() now works under matplotlib 1.4
  • The sunpy.io._ana C extensions are no longer built under windows. (They were not supported and did not work correctly before).

This release is available to install through the usual channels such as pip. However, it is now also available in binary form in the sunpy binstar repository: https://binstar.org/sunpy.

If you are running anaconda you can make use of these binary builds in the following manner, assuming you have sunpy and suds installed via pip:

pip uninstall sunpy suds

conda config --add channels https://conda.binstar.org/sunpy

conda install sunpy

Our conda builds are available on Linux (64 bit only), OS/X (64 bit only) and Windows (32bit and 64bit). These conda builds are also very fresh off the press, if you encounter any issues with them please share your troubles on the mailing list or on the build repositories issue tracker (https://github.com/sunpy/conda-package-builder/pulls).

Thank you

Stuart

Jonathan Slavin

May 15, 2015, 3:13:56 PM5/15/15
to su...@googlegroups.com, sunp...@googlegroups.com
Stuart,

Do you know if jpeg2000 works with this method of installing sunpy?

Regards,
Jon