GSoC 2015

Ajay Kumar Tiwari

Nov 27, 2014, 5:49:47 PM11/27/14
to su...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone !

I am a masters student working in Solar Physics and have been using IDL for some time and share the same frustration as a lot of you here . I have shifted to pyhton last year . and would love to contribute to SunPy.. Do tell me if its possible to do as a GSoC . I have some ideas regarding analysis of  the solar wind data near earth issues.

Regards.

AKT

Stuart Mumford

Dec 1, 2014, 3:45:33 AM12/1/14
to su...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Welcome to SunPy!

There is always plenty to do and it would be nice to include some insitu data capability in SunPy, it's actually something I have been meaning to do for years. If you want to start learning the code base there are a few 'easy' issues on our GitHub issue tracker (https://github.com/sunpy/sunpy/labels/Easy), which are designed to be possible for people with minimal experience with the SunPy code base. Also stop by our IRC channel http://sunpy.org/help/#chat for some more near real time help.

The GSOC program has not started yet, but we are planning to participate again. Keep your eyes open for more information in a few months time.