GSOC 2016 - our new students

DVD PS

Apr 23, 2016, 4:04:00 PM4/23/16
to sunpy
Hello everyone,

Yesterday Google announced the name of the students selected to work for the Google Summer of Code programme. This year SunPy is under the Open Astronomy umbrella and we've got 3 students this year!!!

They and the projects they are going to work (and their mentors) are:
 - Sudarshan Konge for Real Time Data Access and Visualisation tools (David and Jack)
 - Punyaslok Pattnaik for Improvements to the SunPy Database (Stuart and Simon)
 - Tessa Wilkinson for Implementing AIA response function in Sunpy (Drew and Will)

Them all have been very active already and have started to fill up their blog, you can check theirs (and the rest of the Open Astronomy) in our Universe:

http://openastronomy.org/Universe_OA/

(here if you are only interested in sunpy: http://openastronomy.org/Universe_OA/categories/sunpy/ )

Just to end, a big CONGRATULATIONS to the students and let's enjoy the summer ahead!!

David

PS. Also, yesterday it was announced that we've been accepted as a organisation for Summer of Code in Space organised by ESA!
So, if you know students in any of the ESA member states that want to participate they can do so applying through
http://sophia.estec.esa.int/socis/