Docathon - a world wide documentation sprint

DVD PS

Mar 6, 2017, 4:41:49 AM3/6/17
to sunpy-dev, sunpy
Hello SunPy developers and users!!!

You agree with me that documentation is a critical part of any project!! But documentation is always something that we will never get enough, either because it gets outdated, not explained properly for everyone or because it's left for later... and later never arrives.

To help to improve this situation, people at Berkeley Institute for Data Science has come up with an excellent idea of creating a Docathon for open source projects. And you can either participate in-situ (hey!! if you are at Berkeley - or nearby-, register and pass by!) or from the comfort of your home.

https://bids.github.io/docathon/

I would imagine we will have a page like:

https://bids.github.io/docathon/pages/projects/sunpy.html (not yet available because I've just registered it)

But you can see the project for this occasion at:
https://github.com/sunpy/sunpy/projects/4

Don't forget to prefix all your documentation commits with "DOC:" or "Docathon" so our efforts can appear in the stats at the docathon website.

Cheers,
David