UKSP May Nugget

Stuart Mumford

Apr 28, 2016, 9:44:21 AM4/28/16
to su...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

SunPy is the subject of this months UKSP Nugget, which is nice publicity
for the project.

http://www.uksolphys.org/?p=10990

Stuart

Jack Ireland

Apr 28, 2016, 10:13:26 AM4/28/16
to su...@googlegroups.com
What version of astropy are you running in that example?  I have 1.0.4 and it doesn't have the furlong unit.

Stuart

Drew Leonard

Apr 28, 2016, 10:16:52 AM4/28/16
to su...@googlegroups.com

1.1.2. Must be a recent addition I suppose.

Drew

Jack Ireland

Apr 28, 2016, 10:19:07 AM4/28/16
to su...@googlegroups.com
Ok, that explains it.  The py27 conda install of astropy is at 1.0.4.

Shih, Albert Y. (GSFC-6710)

Apr 28, 2016, 11:01:46 AM4/28/16
to su...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Jack,

     Update your conda/Anaconda?  conda should distribute Astropy 1.1.2, which I’ve actually downgraded from to avoid a bug.

Albert

Stuart Mumford

Apr 28, 2016, 11:02:40 AM4/28/16
to su...@googlegroups.com

This was not the discussion I was expecting!!

Shih, Albert Y. (GSFC-6710)

Apr 28, 2016, 11:13:45 AM4/28/16
to su...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Stuart,

     Ha ha, indeed!

     Yup, it’s great to have SunPy shown off!  My primary quibble is that I don’t like that the AIA roll image is the only example of the Map class because the displayed axes labels are very confusing.

Albert

Stuart Mumford

Apr 28, 2016, 11:15:21 AM4/28/16
to su...@googlegroups.com

While I agree, I like using that example as it shows off the unique selling point of SunPy that it can handle data with fun and exciting projections and rotations like that.

Stuart

Jack Ireland

Apr 28, 2016, 12:09:26 PM4/28/16
to su...@googlegroups.com