Installation issue- during test-NEWBIE at this

A Williams

Oct 24, 2017, 8:20:32 PM10/24/17
to SunPy
Hi all,

I installed sunpy using command line but got 6 errors.... sadly not sure what I did wrong.  I went to troubleshooting to see if i could figure out but to no avail.  I am hoping
someone can assist.  Here is my error:

1. ERROR collecting coordinates/tests/test_offset_frame.py-ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'hypothesis.strategies'
2. ERROR collecting net/dataretriever/tests/test_eve.py- ImportError: cannot import name 'given'
3. ERROR collecting net/dataretriever/tests/test_goes_ud.py-ImportError: cannot import name 'given'
4. ERROR collecting net/dataretriever/tests/test_lyra_ud.py-ImportError: cannot import name 'given'
5. ERROR collecting net/dataretriever/tests/test_norh.py-  ImportError: cannot import name 'given'
6. ERROR collecting net/tests/test_fido.py -No module named 'hypothesis.strategies'

DVD PS

Oct 25, 2017, 4:17:41 AM10/25/17
to sunpy
Hi,

Could you give us more details about your operative system and which steps you followed to install sunpy? This seems to be requiring hypothesis, which is used required for the "development" installation.

Thanks,
David

Stuart Mumford

Oct 25, 2017, 4:31:35 AM10/25/17
to DVD PS, sunpy
Hi,

This is an error with the hypothesis conda package that was discovered by Nabil yesterday.

I am assuming this was triggered by running self_test(). This error should not affect the correct operation of sunpy.

Stuart