Last Week to Apply for Python in Astronomy 2017

Stuart Mumford

Dec 5, 2016, 5:49:46 AM12/5/16
to ast...@scipy.org, su...@googlegroups.com, yt-u...@lists.spacepope.org, openas...@googlegroups.com

Hello all,

This a quick (and final) reminder that the deadline for applications to Python in Astronomy 2017 is this Friday 9th December. The conference will be held on 8th - 12th May 2017 at the Lorentz Center in Leiden, the Netherlands. Please fill out this form to apply.

The Python in Astronomy conferences aim to bring together a wide variety of people who currently use, develop or teach people about Python packages in the context of all forms of Astronomy. Participant selection will be made with the goal of growing the Python in Astronomy community and we particularly encourage requests to attend from junior astronomers and people who are new to contributing to open source software. This conference is neither intended to be an introduction to Python bootcamp nor only for expert-level Python developers, but we do expect all participants to have at least a basic familiarity with Python.

Please fill out the application and indicate the level of financial support you will likely require in order to attend. Once the participants have been selected, we’ll get back in touch with everyone about their specific financial support requirements.

See http://openastronomy.org/pyastro/2017/ for more information.

Stuart Mumford, SOC Chair
Matt Craig
Kelle Cruz