Hacks/Hackers Meetup

1 view

Ryan Kawailani Ozawa

Jun 26, 2012, 4:07:47 PM6/26/12
to sunlightfoun...@googlegroups.com
While we await the next Sunlight Foundation Hawaii meetup, you may want to consider attending a Hacks/Hackers meetup coming July 11. I think there's a lot of clear complementary interests!

About the meetup:

"First meet and greet of the Hacks/Hackers group in Hawaii. Let's talk about digital journalism, social media, open data, APIs and open government.  We've lined up a couple of presentations: Ben Trevino about visualizations and how he and his team used the tools to visualize the City's budget. Jared Kuroiwa on Campaign Spending and the voter/precinct dashboard."

About the group (http://hackshackers.com/):

"Hacks/Hackers is a rapidly expanding international grassroots journalism organization with dozens of chapters (and counting) and thousands of members across four continents (and counting). Our mission is to create a network of journalists (“hacks”) and technologists (“hackers”) who rethink the future of news and information."

Ryan