Feature request - File info and preview in second pane

Hombibi Hom

Jan 5, 2015, 4:42:05 AM1/5/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
I recently discovered Sunflower-fm, thank you for a great file manager.

In order to manage files (view, change names, delete, move, etc) such as scans of paperwork and photos I currently open each file separately to view, and right click to find its (meta-) information.The results usually open in new windows outside my file manager. All this opening and closing of windows for each file make it rather cumbersome to manage large numbers of files efficiently.

Would it be possible to enhance Sunflower-fm with a function that allows the right pane to provide a (readable/zoomable) preview and file info (maybe in separate tabs) of a file selected in the left pane?

Currently I do not know of any linux filemanager that can do this, I imagine this to be a great function for users that are heavy file manager users.

Anyway, thanks for a great filemanager,

Hombibi

Mladen Mijatov

Jan 5, 2015, 4:48:37 AM1/5/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi, and thank you for trying Sunflower out.

That feature has been requested couple of times and I guess it would be
useful to people. I've created new issue on GitHub which you can see
here: https://github.com/MeanEYE/Sunflower/issues/61

Thanks again!
> --

Mladen Mijatov
Key ID: 4096R/83EFD5A0 2013-08-18

signature.asc

Hombibi Hom

Jan 5, 2015, 5:47:16 AM1/5/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
That's great, thank you very much.

Please do let me know if there is something I can do to help.

Hombibi