Version: 0.1a-57

Mladen Mijatov

Jan 26, 2014, 8:53:29 PM1/26/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
And yes, new version is here. I am terribly sorry that it took me this long to release it but better late than never. I am also happy to say that my work is now manageable and that I am returning to actively developing Sunflower.

Before getting to change log I have to announce changes in hosting. Google Project Hosting stopped providing downloads and files can now be found here. Some time soon I'll make a decent web site for that domain, but for now it's only being used to host files.

So, changes. This time we have new features. Most notably breadcrumbs are here (thanks to Sevka Fedoroff). We also now have number sensitive sort, new French translation (thanks Kevin Pellet and Helene Clozel). Arseniy Krasnov fixed some of the annoying little bugs. All in all, I think, interesting release. There are a lot more new stuff and I really suggest you take a look at the full change log.

Test, play around, enjoy. :D And let me know if I messed something up.

Andrew Volozhanin

Jan 27, 2014, 2:39:08 AM1/27/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
It's great to see that this project is in active development! Thank you for your time.

Have you thought about moving to github? It has a homepage generate for the projects and it also provides a hosting for it.

Mladen Mijatov

Jan 27, 2014, 4:51:13 AM1/27/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
I did think at some point about using GitHub, but Sunflower is tracked
by Mercurial so I would need to convert repository as well.
> --

signature.asc

Wojciech Kluczka

Jan 27, 2014, 3:41:04 PM1/27/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

I am proud to announce you availability of binary packages for version 0.1a.37 of Sunflower.
Remember file hosting was moved to http://sunflower-fm.org/

Andrew Volozhanin

Jan 28, 2014, 2:36:53 AM1/28/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
There's a hg-git plugin to push to and pull from a Git server repository from Mercurial. http://hg-git.github.io/
And a quick way to convert hg repo into git: http://hivelogic.com/articles/converting-from-mercurial-to-git/

Also, I think bitbucket supports hg repositories.

Mladen Mijatov

Jan 28, 2014, 5:51:00 AM1/28/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I know about those options. BitBucket is not bad, but moving to
them would give no clear benefit. Moving to GitHub on the other hand
would be beneficial as a lot of people are using it. This would also
mean changing version control system to Git which is not something I
should take lightly even though HG and Git have good import and export
tools.

Maybe at this point the best thing would be to have separate GitHub
repository and keep it synchronized with main one. But that makes
additional work for me.

We'll see. :)

sebastia...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2014, 6:38:08 AM3/3/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, 28 January 2014 20:51:00 UTC+10, Mladen Mijatov wrote:
.... Moving to GitHub on the other hand
would be beneficial as a lot of people are using it. This would also
mean changing version control system to Git which is not something I
should take lightly even though HG and Git have good import and export
tools.

snip

I think so too that a move to github will help the exposure of the project. If you would move then I would to a complete move and not trying to maintain two repositories. It will likely become a as is situation that will not easily go away. I assume, but don't know, that there is plenty of hg to git move knowledge on out there and it is only a matter of doing it right once.
just my 2ct.
seb..

Mladen Mijatov

Mar 3, 2014, 6:46:29 AM3/3/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Still, move to the GitHub is not going to happen until we have a site up
and running as all the traffic currently goes to Google Project Hosting.
Once the site is up, migration to a different version control system is
open for consideration.

Wojciech Kluczka

Mar 5, 2014, 1:50:42 AM3/5/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com

Do you plan to use Caracal or something more pythonish to run the site?

Mladen Mijatov

Mar 5, 2014, 3:21:35 AM3/5/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
You had any thoughts on that?

I'll probably use Caracal. It's open source and already does what we need. At some point I already started working on it, but didn't have time to finish. I think that will be my next weekend project. :)

Wojciech Kluczka

Mar 5, 2014, 5:09:22 PM3/5/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com

You had any thoughts on that?

Only that if it was Python, it would be easier for me and other developers to help with site development. But if you say that's weekend project then there's probably not so much work.

Mladen Mijatov

Mar 6, 2014, 1:46:15 AM3/6/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Plenty of ways to help. I'll release the source for the site as well of
course. Caracal is built to help you make sites without the need for
programming, so it's a matter of making templates and CSS.

As soon as I have some guidelines set I'll upload that code as well.