Patch: Sort Order + Overwrite Option

b...@schwarzwald-software.de

Mar 5, 2016, 10:37:24 AM3/5/16
to Sunflower
Attached please find my changes.

I wanted to add an "Update" option to the overwrite handling.
Unfortunately i am not used to GitHub. So what did i do:
- Cloned GitHub
- Checked out master
- Changed the source
- Created the attached .patch
You may want to integrate it or give me a hint how to proceed to integrate it.

The changes:

"Overwrite" is changed from a checkbox to 3 radiobuttons: "Skip", "Update", "Replace"
File overwrite dialog is changed accordingly (3 buttons labeled "Skip", ...)
Reason: When copying a project from a laptop to a server in my case this will usually include 2000+ files. Copying will be much faster if i do not copy the whole GB but only the 4 changed files.

I changed the sort order in the file list. While it is nice to be able to define the sort order by a sequence of clicks on the headers it is at the same time very confusing when one clicks on the extension and files with identical extentions are not sorted by name. So: If files are identical in the selected sort column they will be sorted by name.

bs2016kw09.patch

Mladen Mijatov

Mar 5, 2016, 2:24:21 PM3/5/16
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi and thanks for your patch. I should have written somewhere or
previously explained that we do our development against development
branch. Master is to be exclusively used for stable installs for people
who do not wish to use packages or for AUR-like repositories. If
there's a bug fix against current stable version then branch you want
to work against is `release` branch.

I will review your work soon and try applying it against appropriate
branch.

Thanks again for helping out and making Sunflower better.

Bruno Schrade

Mar 7, 2016, 4:09:44 AM3/7/16
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
No problem: i can integrate my changes in development. What is the
workflow: Do i create a branch on GitHub or do i send a patch or ..?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen
B.Schrade

Schwarzwald Software Engineering
D-79868 Feldberg * +49 7655 618

Mladen Mijatov

Mar 7, 2016, 10:50:09 AM3/7/16
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
If you have GitHub account it makes things significantly easier to merge. All you need to do is "fork" Sunflower and work on your own local copy on development branch. After you push changes back to GitHub, option will appear to create pull request against the branch you changed so it's a simple and easy solution. You can also send patch files.
--
Mladen Mijatov

Key ID: 4096R/83EFD5A0 2013-08-18
signature.asc

Bruno Schrade

Mar 7, 2016, 3:46:01 PM3/7/16
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
I forked development and will create a pull request based on this. I
will not be able to do this in the next week or so, but expect to have a
tested branch by the end of next week.

(I would like to avoid creating work for other people.)

Mit freundlichen Grüssen
B.Schrade

Schwarzwald Software Engineering
D-79868 Feldberg * +49 7655 618

>>> -0800, b...@schwarzwald-software.de <mailto:b...@schwarzwald-software.de>

Mladen Mijatov

Mar 7, 2016, 5:18:11 PM3/7/16
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
That is a great help and very much appreciated. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.