Missing depend ?

kod...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2015, 10:51:59 AM4/9/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
I've installed sunflower with everything mentioned on DEPENDS file.
But in doing  Tools -> Keyring manager
an error appears:
"Keyring is not available. Make sure you have Python Gnome keyring module installed."
I have done  apt-get install python-gnomekeyring gnome-keyring
but the error persists...
Could you suggest what to do next?
Thank you.

kod...@gmail.com

Apr 9, 2015, 10:57:59 AM4/9/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com, kod...@gmail.com

Forgot to mention my distro is Debian Wheezy 7.7

Juanjo Garcia

Apr 14, 2015, 7:23:27 AM4/14/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Finally, it was a problem with dbus since sunflower was started through ssh

Mladen Mijatov

Apr 15, 2015, 11:23:13 AM4/15/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com, kod...@gmail.com
Hi and sorry for late reply, somehow I missed this email. Gnome-KeyRing depends on DBus, but is optional to Sunflower. However if python-gnomekeyring is not present, Sunflower will not remember passwords for your remote mounts. This is to protect your own safety. Once again, sorry for late reply!

kod...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2015, 3:36:33 AM4/16/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com, kod...@gmail.com
OK. Don't worry.
As a proposal, I would suggest replacing the message

"Keyring is not available. Make sure you have Python Gnome keyring module installed."
with something in the lines of:
"Keyring is not available. Make sure you have Python Gnome keyring module installed and env. variable DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS correctly set."

This would at least provide users with something to google for.

Mladen Mijatov

Apr 16, 2015, 7:15:21 AM4/16/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Good idea. I'll take a look how to present this properly.
> --

Mladen Mijatov
Key ID: 4096R/83EFD5A0 2013-08-18
Tox ID:
B82DADBC7614F887F2ACB7A4F29E848D937452113C9EBBA39DCB3E260096945A934361722B51

signature.asc