Just managed to run Sunflower on Windows

insolor

Jan 31, 2015, 8:39:25 PM1/31/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi! I don't know is the version for Windows is planned, but I must say that I've managed to run it on Windows 8.1.
Though this wasn't very difficult, but this is the first time when I ported something to another OS, so I'am very excited! :)

Арсений Краснов

Feb 1, 2015, 9:38:30 AM2/1/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
nice

Mladen Mijatov

Feb 3, 2015, 8:58:38 AM2/3/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Heh. Indeed really nice. Did you change anything in code? Are there
parts of program that are not working as expected?
> <http://i.imgur.com/Y6Z4IJ5.png>
>
> --

Mladen Mijatov
Key ID: 4096R/83EFD5A0 2013-08-18
Tox ID:
B82DADBC7614F887F2ACB7A4F29E848D937452113C9EBBA39DCB3E260096945A934361722B51

signature.asc

Insolor

Feb 3, 2015, 10:41:17 AM2/3/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there are some changes (rather dirty hacks):
* Path to the Python interpreter was set explicitly in the Sunflower.py
* Disabled check for multiple instances in main_window.py
* Disabled code that uses posix-specific python libraries (eg. fcntl)
* May be some minor workarounds which I don't remember

As for not working parts, well, it's easier to say what does work: at
least it runs and I can walk directories and even change current drive
with "Enter path" dialog.
Most basic GUI functions (tabs, menus, dialogs) do work.
File copying doesn't work (python interpreter just "falls" after
clicking on the "Copy" button in the "Copy item" dialog).
Changing directory using bookmarks doesn't word (it says eg. "Error
changing working directory to: file:///D:/ No such file or directory
Would you like to retry?").
Command line doesn't work.
GUI translation works only in a few places.
Directory creation works, but the current directory content needs to be
refreshed to see the new directory.

Mladen Mijatov

Feb 4, 2015, 6:39:33 AM2/4/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Ah, okay. GIO dependency showing its true face.
signature.asc

mkho...@googlemail.com

May 22, 2015, 9:23:38 AM5/22/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Hy, I also tried to get it running on windows and opened a github fork for it.

If you are intersted, please help:
https://github.com/merlink01/Sunflower

I hope some crossplattform Version will run soon.

merlink

Mladen Mijatov

May 24, 2015, 6:25:30 AM5/24/15
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

Glad to see cross-platform interest rising. If you would like your changes merged back please make sure they take into account other platforms. For example instead of replacing GIO making some sort of choice based on os.name.

All the best!
signature.asc