Feature request: Support for "templates" folder

max.g...@gmail.com

Jun 12, 2016, 7:18:55 PM6/12/16
to Sunflower
Since nautilus getting a little slow at my system i were looking for a nice and fast file manager. After months of search and try i found sunflower-fm and thats quite what i'm looking for.

Nautilus has an easy way to handle templates. With a simple submenu it copies files from my folder under "~/Vorlagen/..." (German Translation) to current location. Would be great if you add this feature with a kind of plugin.

Mladen Mijatov

Jun 13, 2016, 4:16:57 AM6/13/16
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com

This is already built in. But I think I am hard coding it to `~/Templates`.  I will have to check if this directory is part of XDG. Thanks for reporting this issue.

On Jun 13, 2016 02:18, <max.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
Since nautilus getting a little slow at my system i were looking for a nice and fast file manager. After months of search and try i found sunflower-fm and thats quite what i'm looking for.

Nautilus has an easy way to handle templates. With a simple submenu it copies files from my folder under "~/Vorlagen/..." (German Translation) to current location. Would be great if you add this feature with a kind of plugin.

Mladen Mijatov

Jun 13, 2016, 4:19:27 AM6/13/16
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com

Oh. That means that temporary fix can be symlink to your templates directory. At least until I fix this issue.

max.g...@gmail.com

Jun 13, 2016, 3:29:43 PM6/13/16
to Sunflower
Oh - yes i see now. It seems also to work with german translation.
But i organized my templates in sub-folders and in my version 0.2 (59) it seems that only the main folder is supported and the other folders are handled like files. My structure looks like:
~/Templates/Office/Letters/some_files.odt

So i can't select any file from a subfolder. It would be nice if you can manage a subtree or something similar for template selection.