Version 0.1a-58

Mladen Mijatov

Mar 2, 2014, 5:02:12 PM3/2/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com
Yup, new version is out. Even though I still have a number of patches in my queue I didn't want to delay this one. Let's try to stick to the open source mantra: Release early, release often.

This time around we have a lot of fixes regarding breadcrumbs. Nothing unexpected, but still good to things moving on. Annoying bug which prevented breadcrumbs from working on some window managers, such as awesome, is cleared now. Problem was with wrong order of emitting signals, which caused some problems with handling resources. Additionally using "Ubuntu coloring method" will not cause breadcrumb background to be painted in wrong colors.

Other than that, few annoyances with executing commands were fixed. We now properly set environment strings before executing anything. This should also resolve some of the issues related to execution of files as it will help in detection whether application being launched is indeed X11 based. Aside from that, I am happy to tell you that preferences window will successfully catch duplicate accelerators.

From new features most notable ones are better history handling. Now you can travel back and forth through history, also using your mouse 8,9 buttons. Option to hide horizontal scrollbar on item lists was added. We now have fallback directory monitor which will provide this feature on file systems that don't support it in a bit better way, still only within Sunflower. Oh, also, different toolbar styles were added.

Not that it's of some huge significance, but, I've started signing files I push out there with the following key:
3FA3 D5BE B3EA 719D 3CDC  D070 089E 4517 83EF D5A0

I realize Sunflower is not some really important element, but it doesn't hurt and it's mostly automatic. If other packagers have their own keys they use, let me know and I'll be happy to sign them.

That's it for this release. Have fun folks!

Wojciech Kluczka

Mar 3, 2014, 4:44:36 PM3/3/14
to sunflo...@googlegroups.com

Hello All!

Packages are ready for download in usual place (sunflower-fm.org).