To SUMO Brazil - This is not a goodbye!

Ralph Daub

Jan 23, 2015, 9:11:57 PM1/23/15
to Ana, Madalina, Dziewonski, Michal, sumo-pt-br, Hermina Condei, Tenser, David
Hey SUMOnians from the Brazilian community!

My role has been transitioning in a way that gives me more focus on Firefox OS, while allowing our SUMO community managers to focus on the Brazilian community and align the goals and initiatives with what has been successful with other SUMO communities around the world. This will also eventually lead to a more autonomous Brazilian community.

Although I had mentioned about this transition on different occasions in the past, I failed to make a formal announcement that would introduce you to our community managers and vice-versa. I apologize for any confusion that may have been caused by this.

My involvement with Support of Firefox OS is becoming more and more involved - sometimes with critical issues that are unseen, unknown, or unheard of by most people. This means a lot of QA work in bugzilla, a lot of activity in the Support Forums, and a lot of email threads challenging inter-departmental support models for Firefox OS, so that we can resolve and address a larger percentage of our user's issues.

If you have any questions related to SUMO community, including events, meetings, support forums, Army of Awesome, or Iocalization, I would encourage you to reach out to our two super star, international community managers:
I would also encourage you to stop by and say hello during one of our weekly, international SUMO community meetings, held every Monday, or getting involved in the discussions in the Contributor Forums. We would love to see your faces!

I will still be around, with the same name, e-mail address, and IRC contact. Please feel free to contact me anytime to talk about Firefox OS support! You continue to be my eyes and ears for learning about local, device-specific issues that I may not be able to reproduce. Please feel free to also contact me if you wish to say hello, catch up, or have any other questions - it's good so that I don't forget how to speak Portuguese. =)

I look forward to seeing all the amazing things that the SUMO Brazil community will accomplish in the next years with the focus, direction, and guidance from our community managers.

In the meantime, we all continue to strive to provide the "best support there ever was" to our users. We wouldn't be able to do it without your talent and passion for an Open Web.

Catch you on the flip side of the Net!

- Ralph

Zilmar de Souza Junior

Jan 25, 2015, 9:51:55 PM1/25/15
to sumo-...@googlegroups.com, Ana, Madalina, Dziewonski, Michal, Hermina Condei, Tenser, David
Hey Ralph!

Thanks for all the teaching and support you've given us!
I wish you the best, and I'm sure that you're going to be successful in this new project.

Conte conosco pro que precisar!

Best regards,

Zilmar de Souza Junior

--
Você recebeu essa mensagem porque está inscrito no grupo "SUMO pt-BR" dos Grupos do Google.
Acesse esse grupo em http://groups.google.com/group/sumo-pt-br.

mdzie...@mozilla.com

Jan 26, 2015, 8:59:30 AM1/26/15
to sumo-...@googlegroups.com, ma...@mozilla.com
Hello, SUMO Brazil :-)

I hope this email reaches you well. Ralph said you're going to attend a big event in Sao Paulo next week, and we were wondering if we can send some SUMO promotional materials your way so you can invite more Brazillian contributors to join us.

It would be a bunch of stickers/pins and paper SUMO warriors to assemble. Who would be the best person to coordinate this with on your side?

Cheers,
Michał
SUMO Community
sumo|twitter|facebook|IRC: vesper (#sumo #sumo-l10ns)

Zilmar de Souza Junior

Jan 26, 2015, 9:08:13 AM1/26/15
to sumo-...@googlegroups.com, Ana, Madalina, Ricardo Panaggio
Hi Michal!

Are you talking about Campus Party? If so, the best person you could reach right now is Ricardo Panaggio, he's ahead of our community organization.

c/c Panaggio

Cheers,
Zilmar de Souza Junior

Michal Dziewonski

Jan 26, 2015, 9:27:05 AM1/26/15
to sumo-...@googlegroups.com, Ana, Madalina, Ricardo Panaggio
Perfect! Thank you Zilmar, I'll continue with Ricardo on a separate thread :-)

Michał
SUMO Community
sumo|twitter|facebook|IRC: vesper (#sumo #sumo-l10ns)

--
Você recebeu essa mensagem porque está inscrito em um tópico no grupo "SUMO pt-BR" dos Grupos do Google.

Zilmar de Souza Junior

Jan 26, 2015, 9:29:47 AM1/26/15
to sumo-...@googlegroups.com, Ana, Madalina, Ricardo Panaggio
You're welcome!

Zilmar de Souza Junior

Edivânia Dias

Feb 7, 2015, 1:06:31 AM2/7/15
to sumo-...@googlegroups.com, ma...@mozilla.com, ves...@mozilla.com, hco...@mozilla.com, dj...@mozilla.com
Ralph,

Although this does not mean "goodbye" - I was sad to know that u will no longer be our "official mentor"

And now who can defend ourselves? kkkkkk

Thank you really for all that you did for SUMO BR team, with all your education, patience, humility and responsibility did a great job and always gave us all the necessary support.
No doubt, you are to be congratulated for everything did and of course, being a Brazilian working in Mozilla #Pride OfFamilyMozBr hahaha :)

Super Congratulations #HappyForU - would like to wish much success and all the best in this new project.
and I'm sure we can count with you as we need!

Greetings Dear Madalina Ana and Michał Dziewoński
Sucess e welcome to list SUMO BR
Michal thanks for your email "Hello from SUMO!"

Tell us to help keep the web even more open and accessible and of course; to continue offering a differential support and with quality.

@Michal - Pannagio it's being the main organizer of the event in São Paulo (Campus Party Brazil) - but the person responsible for SUMO in the event is Mariana Mioto  https://brazil.etherpad.mozilla.org/cpbr8-sumo

Thank you already!