WAM Proxy

Kathy

Jul 24, 2018, 4:07:56 PM7/24/18
to SubjectsPlus
Is any one having success with using the WAM proxy in the Config Site area where you enter the Proxy information or is there another work around.  I only saw a post from Grinnell College from 2009 and I can not find any other mention of this.

Andrew Darby

Jul 24, 2018, 4:13:27 PM7/24/18
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kathy,

What's happening when you try to include the proxy?  Can you send an example URL with the proxy string attached?

Andrew

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 2:41 PM, Kathy <krenn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is any one having success with using the WAM proxy in the Config Site area where you enter the Proxy information or is there another work around.  I only saw a post from Grinnell College from 2009 and I can not find any other mention of this.

Kathy

Jul 24, 2018, 5:48:50 PM7/24/18
to SubjectsPlus
The proxy stem is like this.
http://0-{resourcedomain}.arthur.searchmobius.org/{remainder of resource URL}

So a database URL that would be split up would be something like this.

A Gale URL would be like this.

If I put the information in the config site like this

The website returns this

The only solution I can come up with is to put the proxy stem on the URLs in each record and not use the Proxy in the config site.  Then list them as not restricted because it will try to add a proxy stem.

Andrew Darby

Jul 25, 2018, 5:06:46 PM7/25/18
to subjec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kathy,

That's a hard one to work with as SubjectsPlus is currently coded, because of the way the URL is reassembled (and not just prefixed and/or suffixed).

Without tinkering with the code, the simplest solution is what you came up with at the end.  We're super busy at SP HQ, but it would certainly be possible to make a function to take the URL from the location field in a format like

http://infotrac.galegroup.com/itweb/west1012?db=ITBC

and then pull it apart with regex (or however) and reassemble according to your pattern.  It would be a few steps to do it properly, though, since we'd have to have a flag to choose regular or WAM-proxy, and add the two pieces of your localization ("http://0-" and "arthur.searchmobius.org") to the config file, and then find the right place(s) to capture the location URL before it's displayed, since it can't work as a simple static prepend from the config file.  This is pretty core functionality so it's not a simple addition.

Anyhow, if you want to add this as an issue on GitHub, we can consider it for a future development sprint, although I really can't promise it would be anytime super soon.

Unless someone else on the list has already come up with a different solution?

Andrew

Kathy

Jul 31, 2018, 4:10:18 PM7/31/18
to SubjectsPlus
I think adding the proxy to the URL is the easiest for me.  I had already been doing that with a library webpage.  I would enter one database URL multiple times so SubjectsPlus saves me a lot of time even if I can not use the proxy link.

Kathy