Configuring Active Directory plugin

Richard

Jan 28, 2014, 2:24:49 PM1/28/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
I've downloaded, built, and deployed STW from the latest source (v4?). It is mostly working with the exception of some kind of permissions problem on the "public" folder for Administration -> Themes.

But my real question is how do I configure the ActiveDirectoryProvider plugin? The site prompts for domain passwords so that portion seems to be working but I can't find any documentation that explains where the configuration is supposed to go. My "Plugins Management" page lists no plugins and I can't upload the ActiveDirectoryPlugin.dll. The "Plugins Configuration" page also lists no plugins.

How do I get the plugin registered? Did something go wrong with the build?

Thanks

Tati Hana

Jan 29, 2014, 2:01:32 PM1/29/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

Just a heads up, I found some other issues down the line with stw4, especially when it came to performance as the wiki grows.
I ended up migrating to another wiki :(

But answering to your question about AD, try adding the following settings to your web.config.
First, you must have a provider for users. It has to come before the setting for the Active Directory provider.
In the following example I stored the users in SQL.
Also put the plugin dll in the bin folder.

Note that you have to use a line break to separate the AD settings in config. For example, GroupMap is separated by a break from the Domain on the configuration.

I hope this helps.

Configurations for authentication on Active Directory:

<!-- Multiple UsersStorageProvider are allowed and only one of them must have the isDefault=true attribute. -->
<add name="ScrewTurn.Wiki.Plugins.SqlServer.SqlServerUsersStorageProvider" assembly="SqlServerProviders" config="Data Source=SERVERNAME;Initial Catalog=DATABASE;User ID=USERNAME;Password=PASSWORD;" isDefault="false" />
<add name="ScrewTurn.Wiki.Plugins.ActiveDirectory.ActiveDirectoryProvider" assembly="ActiveDirectoryProvider" config="GroupMap=Users:Users
Domain=DOMAINNAME" isDefault="true" />

Richard

Jan 29, 2014, 5:43:27 PM1/29/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much, this is exactly what I was missing!

michael paulukonis

Jan 30, 2014, 3:13:49 PM1/30/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
Tati -- thanks for your response. I'm using LDAP with STW(3) here at work, and meant to revisit the installation instructions... thanks for taking care of it!

-Michael Paulukonis
http://www.xradiograph.com
Interference Patterns (a blog)
@XraysMonaLisa