rebuilding STW3 and deploying

Adam Miller

Jun 20, 2014, 12:38:21 PM6/20/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
I rebuilt 3.0.5.600 from the original source file I had downloaded, to make sure I was doing everything right.  (The only thing I changed was making a slight change to the url parameters for the {SEARCH} macro; it's a shame that string is hard-coded.)

After I had updated the files, I noticed that, in the Pages Providers list, there was a red "Error" under "Update Status":

SQL Server Pages Storage Provider3.0.4.566Threeplicate SrlErrorSelect

I also noticed that there was an error note on the Wiki Version  on the Administration Home page:

Wiki Version: 3.0.5.600(Error retrieving Version information)

Does someone know if I did something wrong?  The instructions in the Build/Readme.txt seemed a bit barebones, but I believe I followed them accurately.  I did keep the original web.config file, but that should not cause issues, as I understand.

michael paulukonis

Jun 20, 2014, 1:05:26 PM6/20/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
The version check code is hardcoded to phone-home to the defunct website:

UpdateStatus status = Tools.GetUpdateStatus("http://www.screwturn.eu/Version/Wiki/3.htm",
				Settings.WikiVersion, out newVersion, out ignored);

-Michael Paulukonis
http://www.xradiograph.com
Interference Patterns (a blog)
@XraysMonaLisa
http://michaelpaulukonis.com

Sent from somewhere in the Cloud
(hearthrug, by the fender)

Adam Miller

Jun 20, 2014, 2:45:58 PM6/20/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
What's the best way to fix this?

Adam

michael paulukonis

Jun 20, 2014, 3:34:51 PM6/20/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
Ignore it?

I'd have to dig into the code further to what would need to be commented-out vs changed.

Commenting-out would be a short-term solution.

Long-term would be to decide where home is when "phoning home" for version.
At the very least, the location should be in web.config and the expected format documented.

Could you open a ticket for this?

-Michael Paulukonis
http://www.xradiograph.com
Interference Patterns (a blog)
@XraysMonaLisa
http://michaelpaulukonis.com

Sent from somewhere in the Cloud
(hearthrug, by the fender)

Adam Miller

Jun 20, 2014, 4:50:52 PM6/20/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
I agree it's not the most pressing issue, as I think the red warning messages are the only consequence.  I will open a ticket.

Adam

Alexander Serebryakov

Jul 17, 2014, 1:55:35 PM7/17/14
to st...@googlegroups.com

Does Supporting  STW v3 make sense? Dario Solera created extention in the form of STW v4. Or it is improved clone of  SHW. May be the developing  these projects is wothwhile? I can maintain at least on SHW.

Alexander Serebryakov

michael paulukonis

Jul 17, 2014, 2:36:41 PM7/17/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
Is SHW/STW v4 compatible with v3 extenstions?

The Sueetie project, prior to its closing, opted to stay with v3 since no plugins were available for v4 (see notes under "Code Base" @ http://sueetie.com/documentation/screwturn-enhancements )

OTOH, perhaps most of the plugins vanished with screwturn.eu...

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Alexander Serebryakov <serebryako...@gmail.com> wrote:

Does Supporting  STW v3 make sense? Dario Solera created extention in the form of STW v4. Or it is improved clone of  SHW. May be the developing  these projects is wothwhile? I can maintain at least on SHW.

Alexander Serebryakov

Alexander Serebryakov

Jul 18, 2014, 2:27:15 PM7/18/14
to st...@googlegroups.com

Plagins are not compatible, but they can be easily converted. I will get to it after the work on visual editor is completed. I have got some of STW v3 plugins.