Limiting page by group

Greg Sergeant

Nov 14, 2013, 1:40:34 PM11/14/13
to st...@googlegroups.com
I apologize if this is not the correct place to post a question.  Also, I appreciate any help provided.

I need to set up a user group named NonLocal.  Members of NonLocal should only have access to pages that I explicitly allow them to read.  I found that I could add the permissions for each page I want that group to read on the page itself. However, when I do this, links such as 'All Pages' and 'Categories' return 'You do not have access to this page' when one of these users goes there.

I expected that it would return, for instance, the All Pages page with only the pages that they had access to listed.  Is there anything I can do to achieve this?  I have played around for the better part of a day and I haven't been able to get it to work.

Thanks
Greg

Greg Sergeant

Nov 22, 2013, 11:46:01 AM11/22/13
to st...@googlegroups.com
I updated the code for the Category and AllPages page to filter and only show pages that the user has some sort of permissions to.  How/where would I submit this code change for consideration in the project?

michael paulukonis

Nov 22, 2013, 3:54:33 PM11/22/13
to st...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for contributing! It's been pretty quiet here lately. It would be good to change that...

You'll need to fork the code @ https://stw.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#readme.txt

commit your changes, then make a pull-request

http://codeplex.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Forks

-Michael Paulukonis
http://www.xradiograph.com
Interference Patterns (a blog)