STW4/SHW

Alexander Serebryakov

Sep 12, 2014, 1:26:33 PM9/12/14
to st...@googlegroups.com
I suggest to discuss the development of ScrewTurn Wiki in this thread.
It is obvious for today,that  efforts are not enough and they are directed in different directions. I think everyone will agree that the development of  3 version makes no sense. That's why let's focus on the 4th version. Now there is a version from STW4 developers  and its modified clone -  SHW. In SHW there are still some problems, but they are known, and their solution it is just a matter of time  and  effort. While in STW4 there is plenty  of bugs.
Nothing prevents us from renaming SHW in STW later, but it is a secondary issue for now.
In terms of the development of the engine, I can point out the following tasks:
1.Transfer  file provider from STW3  and make it default (STW4 file provider was substituted by developers for SQL CE, which is not always convenient)
2. To adjust  the visual editor. At this moment there are problems with the link editor - needs to be rewritten. Page editor in SHW based on CKEditror
3. Transfer existing plugins to the new version of the engine. This work is not difficult, but tedious.

After we follow these points, we can ponder on further improvement of the engine. Meanwhile, it continues to go under, because we are not able to coordinate our own actions.

Alexander Serebryakov

Jan 14, 2015, 3:50:52 PM1/14/15
to st...@googlegroups.com
ScrewTurnWiki is rising. A new version is ScrewTurnWiki 5 beta. More information is available here