Random, non-issue related idea.

Drew Diver

Oct 12, 2016, 2:56:27 PM10/12/16
to Studioware
Has there ever been a thought about forking Slackware into a Studioware OS or "StudiOS?" That would have sepkg and come with options to install audio, video, photo or all during setup? Or a live edition to showcase to people who unlike myself are less technical or prone to deal with the maintenance of Slackware but like the idea of having an open source toolkit to expand their creative work?

Also, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself :)

James Purdy

Oct 12, 2016, 2:57:59 PM10/12/16
to studi...@googlegroups.com

Actually, as I recall, that was the original idea. Not enough man hours to make it feasible right now, I think.

-eviljames