Studioware/Slackware 14.2 problem w/ installing openAV-ArtyFX with sepkg.

globetrotterdk globetrotterdk

Apr 24, 2018, 12:21:09 PM4/24/18
to Studioware
I have been installing Studioware's audio section "sepkg -q audio" to a fresh, full install of Slackware 14.2. There have been a number of issues with scripts and installing packages along the way, but they have all been solvable up until now. I am nearing the end of installing the Studioware bits with their package manager sepkg, when I ran into an error with openAV-ArtyFX:

mv: cannot move '/tmp/se/package-openAV-ArtyFX/usr/lib' to a subdirectory of itself, '/tmp/se/package-openAV-ArtyFX/usr/lib/lib'

This appears to be an issue with the script, but SlackBuilds doesn't have openAV-ArtyFX and there appears not to be a pre-compiled version among the Studioware packages repo.

I am new to Studioware and to sepkg, does anyone have any ideas, as I am stumped.

David Woodfall

Apr 24, 2018, 3:21:38 PM4/24/18
to studi...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday 24 April 2018 09:21,
globetrotterdk globetrotterdk <globetr...@gmail.com> put forth the proposition:
Hi

I've just had a look at the slackbuild for the ArtyFX plugins and
fixed a problem. Can you run 'sepkg -u' and then
'sepkg -q openAV-ArtyFX' to see if the problem is fixed for you?

Are you installing in 32bit Slackware? The problem would seem like it
would only affect that. I haven't tried to do a full install on 32bit
for a long time, but I'll do that in a VM tonight and see how it
goes.

Let me know if the fix works. Thanks.

Dave

globetrotterdk globetrotterdk

Apr 24, 2018, 3:33:55 PM4/24/18
to Studioware
Hi Dave. Yes I am installing on 32bit. The script and install work fine now, thanks.