Irish Comic News

Nov 28, 2016, 2:54:50 PM11/28/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

Happy Mondays: Isn’t It Fantastic?

15167473_10157732012375231_3317407992141152331_o
Having thoroughly enjoyed Fantastic Beasts, I was delighted when Stefanie Reville posted this Newton Scamander piece. Happy Monday folks!

The post Happy Mondays: Isn’t It Fantastic? appeared first on Irish Comic News.

You are subscribed to email updates from Irish Comic News.
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google
Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, United States

Irish Comic News

Nov 30, 2016, 2:50:23 PM11/30/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

Become An Irish Comics Patron

what-is-patreon-e1440050882302
Leeann Hamilton has recently become the latest Irish creator to launch a Patreon account so I thought I’d do up a small list of creators (that I am aware of) that have accounts. If I’m missing anyone, do let me know.

Leeann Hamilton https://www.patreon.com/Peannlui
Anthea West https://www.patreon.com/AntheaWest
John Cullen https://www.patreon.com/nhoj
Triona Farrell https://www.patreon.com/trionatfarrell

It’s a great way to help out some creators for a low price and you get some nice stuff in return like sketches, previews and WIP pieces.

The post Become An Irish Comics Patron appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Irish Comic News

Dec 2, 2016, 3:03:01 PM12/2/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

ComicCityCast 29 with special guest Leeann Hamilton

cover_fin_01_sm-723x450
Welcome to ComicCityCast episode 29 in which we finally get to chat with Irish comic’s favourite (and ICN Hall of Famer) Leeann Hamilton. We chat about her work, her adventures at NYCC, and Mortal Kombat amongst other topics. Elsewhere on the show Marcantonio hurls forth on Harry Potter fans, Bobby poo poos the Alien franchise, and we debate the merits of Wonder Woman Rebirth.

Download from the bottom of the page or click here
Support Leeann Hamilton
https://www.patreon.com/Peannlui
Email: comicc...@gmail.com

Twitter @coimiccitycast @freebirdswing (Flanagan) @ciaronious ( Marcantonio) @misanthrobert (Bobby)

comic-city-cast-banner-links

The post ComicCityCast 29 with special guest Leeann Hamilton appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Irish Comic News

Dec 5, 2016, 3:39:22 PM12/5/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

John Robbins’ Loman Niblock

lomanregular
John Robbins has sent us the cover for his new comic Loman Niblock. It’s a 56 page black and white book that you can buy off John for costs €3.50 (which includes postage to anywhere in the world). You can e-mail John at rhubarb108(at)hotmail(dot)com or find more details here. There’s also a cool variant colour-in cover.
lomanvariant

The post John Robbins’ Loman Niblock appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Declan Shalvey Holiday Sale

15327330_1197351870359735_7946821743568527886_n
Fancy some Declan Shalvey art? Well there’s now chance to get some at a discount. There’s some All-Star Batman stuff in there too!

Check out the Cadence Comic Art website for details.

The post Declan Shalvey Holiday Sale appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Happy Mondays: Kevin Keane’s Commission List

15235376_1684011074956836_4478428789554131506_o
Kevin Keane recently opened up a commission list for December (now closed) and the artist behind “The Guards” and “Neon Skies” has been lighting up my Twitter feed. We’ve had some Shade, a Greg Capullo influenced Batman and a Moon Knight with a Declan Shalvey designed costume.
15194372_1680558928635384_2732361160265045319_o
14993301_1665542476803696_3417976832201463668_n
As a bonus, here’s that Moon Knight piece with colours by Dee Cunniffe:
15000152_1667120503312560_4574492862103503883_o

I can’t wait to see more.

The post Happy Mondays: Kevin Keane’s Commission List appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Irish Comic News

Dec 12, 2016, 2:51:08 PM12/12/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

The ICN Hall Of Fame Ceremony: Leeann Hamilton

1519881_635641689851720_5068660309721748715_o

Welcome to the first post in our week-long Hall of Fame ceremony.

For each Hall of Fame induction, I’ve taken a different approach. For Leeann Hamilton, I turned to fellow Hall of Fame Class of 2016 member Stephen Mooney to say a few words:

Stephen Mooney:
I’m constantly very jealous of Leeann. I wish I could draw as well as her, in as many disparate styles and flavours. Everything she turns her hand to, she aces. I aspire to be that guy/gal.

Leeann is always drawing; always working. She quietly and methodically goes about her business, consistently demonstrating how it could and should be done.

Not afraid to criticise where it’s due, but always fairly and even-handedly. Leeann knows the good stuff.

I’m honoured to be nominated for the ICN Hall Of Fame in the same year as somebody of her quality.

Maybe I can trick folks into thinking I’m anywhere near as capable as she is.

The post The ICN Hall Of Fame Ceremony: Leeann Hamilton appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Happy Mondays: Pubcast Christmas Hootnanny (Whole Lotta HOOT Little Bit Of Nanny)

12065898_996635373715334_2027053716685410359_n
Well it is getting to that time of year. ICN Towers is filled with the smell of mince pies and a couple of our resident podcasters are suiting up for a Chrimbo party. Bobby Best and Ciaran Marcantonio along with fellow podcasters Wayne Talbot and Darren Fahey are among a number of Irish Comics peeps heading to the Irish Pubcast‘s Christmas Hootnanny. So, as a Happy Monday post this week, I’m letting folks know to head to the Teachers Club, 36 Parnell Square West, Dublin, Ireland D1 this Saturday at 8pm. I’ll be sporting some glad rags and you may even see me dance! Happy Monday!

The post Happy Mondays: Pubcast Christmas Hootnanny (Whole Lotta HOOT Little Bit Of Nanny) appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Irish Comic News

Dec 13, 2016, 3:34:27 PM12/13/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

The ICN Hall Of Fame Ceremony: Stephen Mooney

11058566_10153863586882782_6463022231357428425_n
For the next induction, I turned to fellow artist and friend Declan Shalvey to induct Stephen Mooney. I think they’re friends. I almost certain Declan may have hurt himself while writing it…

Declan Shalvey:
While it pains me to award Stephen Mooney with praise of any kind, even I have to admit he deserves to be recognised by the Irish comics community he holds so dear.

Mooney hooked me up with my first proper comics gig, replacing him on Freak Show. A kindness I’ve been trying to return ever since.

While it’s clearly currently something of a golden age for Irish comic artists, I believe Stephen dropped a game-changer on us all with Half Past Danger a couple of years back, a book I’m very glad is returning next year. So many of us work in American publishing now, dropping an Irish nod here and there into our work wherever we can sneak it in but I feel that Mooney was the one who really took a risk and did his own thing; making an Irish-produced comic that represented the culture in an affectionate way. Not only that, but he released it on a world’s stage; release it though all the mainstream American outlets to great success. It’s my opinion that in the years to come we’ll be treading on the ground he broke for us all.

I have huge respect for Mooney. Yes, you heard me; respect. His drive, work ethic and good nature should be an example to us all and I mean that sincerely. I’ve never met an artist more professional and dedicated than him and have always been able to rely on him for an honest opinion, something I truly value.

The post The ICN Hall Of Fame Ceremony: Stephen Mooney appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Irish Comic News

Dec 14, 2016, 3:18:27 PM12/14/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

The ICN Hall Of Fame Ceremony: Anthea West

10256147_635641719851717_105374769292640161_o
For Anthea West, I turned to a bunch of her fellow artists to say a few words about this amazing artist.

Leeann Hamilton:
Anthea West is a hard-working lady of endless imagination and mirth, as she sets great examples of world building with every new comic she releases. She is an encheering and supportive presence at every convention you’ll find her at. It’s been an absolute pleasure knowing her.

Katie Fleming:
Anthea West, for me, is the definition of small press. Without watching her self publish her first book ‘The Earthbound God’, I would have never gained the confidence to pursue a career within comics. She’s a perfect example of determination, perseverance and what it means to be an indie creator. I’m so glad to be able to call her a friend as well as an inspirational colleague.

Triona Farrell:
Anthea West is a talent in this country, not only as a fantastic artist, but a great collaborator too. I’ve had the privilege to work with her on a few projects now, and her stories and art are always upbeat and fun.”

The post The ICN Hall Of Fame Ceremony: Anthea West appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Irish Comic News

Dec 15, 2016, 3:24:56 PM12/15/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

The ICN Hall Of Fame Ceremony: PJ Holden

14642494_133341487135810_3399292358447009205_n
For PJ Holden’s induction, I turned to his frequent 2000AD collaborator Michael Carroll. Mike in turn, turned to host of other writers who have worked with PJ. A really big thanks to Mike and all the guys. They really came through.

Michael Carroll:
Belfast-based Paul Jason Holden (AKA PJ, or Peej) is a tremendously gifted comic-book artist. Naturally, he will dismiss that statement as hyperbole, because he genuinely doesn’t understand how good he is or how highly he’s regarded. He will also, when he reads this, be scouring the rest of the text for the punchline to that first sentence. There isn’t one – because it’s not a joke.

His career began, as so many do, in the small-press scene. With writer Malachy Coney he created the acclaimed graphic novels The Moon Looked Down and Laughed, Holy Cross, The Dandylion and The Simply Incredible Hunk. He soon branched out into other small-press titles like Violent, Black Seal and Solar Wind, for which he drew a variety of strips in different styles.

And then – after gracing titles such as Warhammer Monthly and Toxic – he reached the pages of 2000 AD. Now, most newcomers to that august publication are expected to start with a Future Shock story. These are standalone tales, four pages long (used to be five pages back in my day!) that test the creator’s artistic and story-telling skills. It’s the standard proving-ground. Most creators will do a good handful of Future Shocks before they’re allowed to move on to a multi-part story, or work on one of the regular strips. After several years, a particularly talented creator might be offered a chance to tackle the comic’s flagship strip, Judge Dredd.

So it’s notable, I think, that PJ Holden’s first ever strip in 2000 AD was Judge Dredd. He came in at the top, guys! That was in March 2001, a one-shot tale called “Sino-Town” written by Gordon Rennie. It was the start of something special, because a strip like Judge Dredd needs artists who are a cut above the ordinary.

Judge Dredd stories can be bleak, intense, horrifying, dark, insane… and – just as often – hilarious, camp, bombastic, touching and sometimes heart-rendingly tragic. There are very few artists in this world who possess the skills to depict all of that with absolute conviction and without compromise. PJ Holden is one of them.

In person, PJ is a non-stop powerhouse of energy, ideas, jokes, reflections, insights and endless crazy ideas that are either utterly brilliant or utterly stupid (yet utterly brilliant in their utter stupidity, and always hilarious). His generosity is matched only by his wit, which is considerable, and he is a wellspring of wisdom and good advice: any artist (of any level of experience or skill) would be well-served to sit down with him for a few minutes and pick his brains.

I’ve been lucky enough to collaborate with PJ a few times (to date: six different stories, totalling 139 pages), and he is a pleasure to work with. He has an instinct for comic-book art that is so ingrained I suspect it’s now part of his DNA. I know that if I give him far-too- complex (or far-too-vague) panel descriptions he will always draw exactly what needs to be there: he understands the flow of the story, and knows that it’s the reader’s experience of a comic that is paramount, not the whims or foibles of its creators.

I’m honoured to have been asked to induct Paul Jason Holden into the Irish Comic News Hall of Fame. I’m sure you’ll agree that he’s more than earned the right to be here! But don’t just take my word for it: I contacted some of his other collaborators and asked them to contribute a few words…

Arthur Wyatt:
Rock solid art, a great sense of storytelling, incentive design and one of the friendliest and most professional artists I’ve worked with… all of these make PJ a great collaborator on any project. I’m proud to have worked with him from the time of some of his earliest 2000 AD work and I hope I’ll get to work on many future projects with him… assuming he can be prised away from Gordon and Garth.

Al Ewing:
I’ve collaborated with PJ Holden on a few things, including a Judge Dredd story that brought a tear to many an eye. But the thing I’ll always remember best is our iPhone comic being perhaps the first to be banned by Apple – an achievement I consider to be worth several hundred Eisners. If not for PJ, I doubt I’d have even considered the idea of writing comics for the phone, but that’s who he is – someone always thinking forward to the future of the medium, considering the mechanics of art and storytelling, and using any tool available to make the work better. I’m looking forward to the day when we can once again work together on something a major corporation will consider utterly unsuitable for man or beast.

Rob Williams:
PJ Holden’s one of my shortest collaborators. That said, he’s also one of my favourite people in the comics industry. His work’s always dynamic, his storytelling’s always very solid – and while that may sound like light praise it’s really not. Storytelling’s key in what we do, and PJ’s got an excellent grasp of that subtle art in a way that sometimes evades flashier artists. I also genuinely think Peej is one of the finest Dredd artists of our generation. And that means a lot in this house. He’s a good friend and it’s nice to see him appreciated this way.

Simon Spurrier:
The original square-headed pencil-monkey, PJ’s been the life and soul of the Britside comics scene for as long as I’ve been aware of it.

One of the best visual storytellers out, any other artist would kill to’ve mastered any one of the several styles in which he’s accomplished. From razor-sharp war stories to uber-approachable ‘all ages’ fare, his obsessive perfectionism always shines through.

He’s also, infuriatingly, a bloody nice bloke.

Gordon Rennie:
HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR PJs – DRY, OR ROASTED?

I first met PJ in 1999, at the Bristol Comic Con. He was kinda desperate and pathetic – exactly the qualities I look for in a creative collaborator if you want to dominate them and bend them to your implacable will – and followed me around the con like a sad little puppy that hadn’t been kicked quite hard enough yet. I knew then that, no matter how many times I would later secretly try changing my email address, he and I were destined to keep on working together.

We made a bargain, he and I. I got him work for 2000AD, and he would endure the subsequent long years of ridicule, torment, rudeness, disparagement, belittlement and cruel mockery that I’ve heaped upon him ever since.

And, I must say, it’s worked out rather well for both of us. I’ve no complaints, certainly, but I’ve never really thought to ask PJ what he thinks on the matter.

The thing I most admire about PJ – other than his complete inability to draw attractive women, which makes him somewhat unique among comic artists – is how he just keeps on hanging in there, no matter what you throw at him. He breezed through countless comedy Dredd stories, some of which, in rare moments of weakness, I allowed him to think he had a hand in with coming up with some of the funnies for.

He gritted his teeth on Rogue Trooper, and just slogged on through all the Nu Earth mayhem I demanded fill every panel of every page. There was one glorious time on Department of Monsterology when I thought I might have finally broken him – a splash page was sent back, with a completely reasonable authorial demand that all the hundreds of subterranean goblin creatures be redrawn to have eyes like multi-faceted jewels.

I went to bed happy that night, secure in the knowledge that I’d finally achieved my life’s work. But there, in the next morning’s email, was the page, re-drawn exactly as requested.

So I give up, and release him into the wild, for other, better writers than I to try and break the force that finally defeated me. I’ll move on to an easier, more vulnerable target.

Hmmm… what’s Eoin Coveney up to these days, I wonder?

The post The ICN Hall Of Fame Ceremony: PJ Holden appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Irish Comic News

Dec 16, 2016, 3:32:45 PM12/16/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

John McCrea Deviates Judge Dredd

Cover art by John McCrea

Cover art by John McCrea

In March, IDW is launching another five-week Deviations event (their version of What If? stories), and it’s kicking off with a Judge Dredd story where John McCrea asks what Mega City One would be like if Judge Dredd never recovered from that time he was briefly a werewolf.

The original story, “Cry of the Werewolf,” ran from 2000 AD progs #322 to #328 back in 1983, from John Wagner, Alan Grant, Steve Dillon and Tom Frame. It told the story of a werewolf invasion of Mega City One.

Cover art by Ryan Brown

Cover art by Ryan Brown

Judge Dredd: Deviations
John McCrea (w & a & c)
In a world where Judge Dredd turned into a werewolf… and stayed that way! The legendary creator of Dogwelder, John McCrea, takes a sideways look at one of the more celebrated Dredd stories, “Cry of the Werewolf” by John Wagner & Alan Grant and the late, great Steve Dillon. Brace yourself for… “Howl of the Wolf!”
FC • 40 pages • $4.99
Judge Dredd: Deviations —Mash-Up Variant
John McCrea (w & a) • Andrew Currie (c)
FC • 40 pages • $4.99

The post John McCrea Deviates Judge Dredd appeared first on Irish Comic News.

The ICN Hall Of Fame Ceremony: The Books

All week we’ve been inducting the Hall of Fame class of 2016. As is keeping with previous years, we will also be adding some books to the Hall of Fame. Here are this year’s inductees.

Preacher:
issue-1-april-1995-preacher-comic-covers
With the untimely death of artist Steve Dillon, it seemed appropriate to induct his and, ICN Hall of Famer, Garth Ennis’ opus into the Hall of Fame. A favourite and inspiration for many Irish creators. (Cover by Glenn Fabry)

Lightning Strike Presents:
485886_412358672131557_757043339_n
A book that has spotlighted a who’s who of Irish talent and started the careers of a few. This a book that goes strength and I am happy to induct it into the Hall of Fame. (Cover by Oisín Roche)

The Holy Numbers:
02906b77a697e8a5ef5bdc101a6e8b15-_sx360_ql80_ttd_
I’m not afraid to say that The Holy Numbers is a personal favourite. A book that delves into religion and spirituality and is the best book about Scientology that isn’t about Scientology. I sometimes think Tommie Kelly underestimates how good he is. (Cover by Tommie Kelly)

Stray Lines Volume One:
strayline_cover2.indd
An anthology that contains earlier work from the likes of Phil Barrett and Paddy Lynch. The book shows how comics are a place where you can tell everyday stories. (Cover by Barry Hughes)

The post The ICN Hall Of Fame Ceremony: The Books appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Irish Comic News

Dec 18, 2016, 3:10:10 PM12/18/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

ComicCityCast 30 : The Liqour

comic-city-cast-banner-links
Its our final episode of 2016 and in the spirit of the Christmas season Flanagan come directly from his office Christmas party. As well as learning why this is a terrible idea we discuss the prospects of Rogue One, marvel at the ongoing excellence of Westworld and salivate at the prospects of the brand new, sure to fantastic Free Comic Book Day Star Trek book.
Download from below or click here.

Happy Christmas
hsq785

The post ComicCityCast 30 : The Liqour appeared first on Irish Comic News.

This posting includes an audio/video/photo media file: Download Now

Irish Comic News

Dec 19, 2016, 3:05:44 PM12/19/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

Happy Mondays: Tomte

15304085_1265326406887267_343950024807601931_o
Tis the season and all that and Buttonpress Publications have been posting a festive comic. Paul Carroll joins Jason Browne to tell the tale of Tomte, the warrior elf, who is taking on Krampus.

You can follow the updates on the Buttonpress Publications Facebook page.

The post Happy Mondays: Tomte appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Irish Comic News

Dec 21, 2016, 3:15:16 PM12/21/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

A Word On The ICN Twitter Polls

icn_logo
So I decided to have some online polls to get the buzz going and get some feedback ahead of the awards in January and there has been some disquiet about the lack of female creators / books created by female creators in the polls. I should have been more aware of this when creating the polls but 1) I was limited by the number of options I could choose on Twitter and 2) I was trying to offer a variety by not naming the same book / creator across categories. That’s why, for example, I didn’t pick Katie Fleming for best writer (100 Times was in best book and she was in best artist) even though I think she wrote one of the best books of 2016. There were books and creators that I really like not on the list like Anthea West’s Sleep Tight, Julie Nick’s Pulp Stories and Karen Harte’s Delia. Mainly, I was thinking of the first things that came to mind and was having a bit of fun.

I want people to give us feedback and I assure people that the 2016 ICN Awards will be highlighting the excellent female creators we have in Ireland. If you want to let us know who your favourites are, you can e-mail us or you can respond the polls on Twitter.

Apologies if I offended anyone.

The post A Word On The ICN Twitter Polls appeared first on Irish Comic News.

Irish Comic News

Dec 23, 2016, 3:27:48 PM12/23/16
to studionort...@gmail.com

Irish Comic News

Irish Comic Art Picks December

Irish Comic Art Picks. Pages, commissions, doodles, works in progress and everything in between, this feature shows you some of the best work by Irish Comic Artists from around the web every month. Feel free to submit work and links through any ICN links on social media (Facebook or Twitter) or Stephen on Twitter. Remember, support artists and follow their links.

001_dec16_09_roche

Nick Roche – Art for Transformers: Lost Light cover.

002_dec16_01_holden

PJ Holden – Macbeth.003_dec16_12_healy

Luke Healy.

006_dec16_26_triona

Triona Farrell – Moana fanart.

005_dec16_75_mckeever

Gary McKeever.

004_dec16_25_bobbyrne

Bob Byrne.

007_dec16_44_shiell

Matthew Shiell.008_dec16_42_sbowie

Sarah Bowie.009_dec16_31_mgriffin

Matt Griffin – cover for ‘The Spiral Path’.

010_dec16_39_pmulholland

Patrick Mulholland – Motor Crush fanart.

010_dec16_46_kerrigan

Eoghan Kerrigan.

011_dec16_70_corcoran

Brian Corcoran.

012_dec16_05_fay

Ian Fay – Nick Fury (winning submission to Red Cube Studio competition).

013_dec16_19_dthomas

David Thomas – Mad Hatter.

014_dec16_02_taraoc

Tara O’Connor – Roots cover art.

015_dec16_59_pmurray

Philip Murray.

016_dec16_16_marron

Eoin Marron (line art) – Sons of Anarchy: Redwood Original #5 (colours by Adam Metcalfe)

017_dec16_08_downey

Stephen Downey.

018_dec16_27_tlaw

Tracy Law.

019_dec16_24_garmolloy

Gar Molloy.

020_dec16_22_deeandmarry

Pete Marry (line art) and Dee Cunniffe (colour art) – Fort Night Comics.021_dec16_23_robcarey

Rob Carey. 022_dec16_21_alaw

Adam Law – Bucky O’Hare.

dec16_29_cian

Cian Tormey – Ghost Rider (colours by Timothy Brown).

leann

Leeann Hamilton.

024_dec16_76_barcswow

Eoin Barclay – Link.

025_dec16_20_jenkinson

Debbie Jenkinson.

026_dec16_34_ohalloran

Chris O’Halloran (colour art) – John Carter – The End #1 (line art by Hayden Sherman).

027_dec16_53_devlin

John Devlin – Skull Knight commission.

028_dec16_64_jnick

Julie Nick – Julie Nick’s Pulp Stories.

029_dec16_68_coveney

Eoin Coveney – Future Shocks strip in 2000AD.030_dec16_07_deeandmccreaman

John McCrea (line art) and Dee Cunniffe (colour art) – Tales from the Crypt.031_dec16_18_sliney

Will Sliney – Daredevil and Casey Jones vs Bebop and Rocksteady commission.

032_dec16_30_sbyrne

Stephen Byrne – The Tenth Ducktor.

033_dec16_49_quiqley

John Quigley.

034_dec16_33_mcguinness

John McGuinness – Nick Fury (entry for Red Cube Studio art competition).

035_dec16_54_bolger

Paul Bolger.

036_dec16_61_becca

Becca Carey – Lydia Martin (Teen Wolf fan art).

037_dec16_74_blacklines

Olly Cunningham – Black Lines Comics.

038_dec16_04_lucas

Ciaran Lucas.

039_dec16_28_alfie

Alfie Gallagher – Art from Judge Anderson ‘Zarjaz’ strip.

040_dec16_46_isabellavm

Isabella v.M.

rapha1216

Rapha Lobosco – James Bond (which Lobosco will be drawing for Dynamite comics!).

 042_dec16_51_kfleming

Katie Fleming.043_dec16_50_mccune

Stuart McCune – Epilogue.

044_dec16_17_afitzpatrick

Anna Fitzpatrick.

046_dec16_45_twisteddoodles

Twisted Doodles.046_dec16_72_chacko

Ashwin Chacko.

047_dec16_62_keane

Kevin Keane – Deadpool and Spider-man.

048_dec16_66_nesbitt

Darren Nesbitt.

049_dec16_52_hmulcahy

Hayley Mulcahy.049_dec16_65_epower

Elle Power.050_dec16_14_dearbhla

Dearbhla Kelly.

051_dec16_06_ztoical

Ztoical.

052_dec16_36_hurley

Alan Hurley.

053_dec16_58_boniwell

Fiona Boniwell.

053_dec16_60_nbyrne

Niall Byrne.

054_dec16_41_pmurphy

Phil Murphy – cover art for Angry Birds – Flight School #1.055_dec16_48_coleman

Ruairí Coleman – Kylo Ren.

056_dec16_67_murphy

Dom Murphy.

057_dec16_73_tkelly

Tommie Kelly – Art for the cover of Bloodlines & Black Magick.

058_dec16_40_godonnell

Gary O’Donnell.059_dec16_35_smgraham

Stephen Graham.

059_dec16_37_lomoore

Leonie O’Moore.060_dec16_29_aryan

Alan Ryan – Faraday the Blob.

061_dec16_32_mcfarlane

John McFarlane – Ghost Rider.

062_dec16_38_lavery

Jim Lavery – Judge Dredd.

063_dec16_11_west

Anthea West – Fate / Pokemon mashup.064_dec16_63_reville

Stefanie Reville – Yuri On Ice fanart.065_dec16_55_cullen

John Cullen – gramfel33.

066_dec16_69_robanthony

Rob Anthony.

067_dec16_03_decandjordie

Declan Shalvey (line art) + Jordie Bellaire (colour art) – Doctor Strange and the Sorcerers Supreme #3 cover.

068_dec16_10_browne

Jason Browne – Tomte.

069_dec16_57_stockman

Nate Stockman (line art) – page from Gwenpool Holiday Special (Colour art by Jim Campbell).070_dec16_13_phildunne

Phil Dunne – ’36/63′.

071_dec16_71_mccrea

John McCrea – cover art for Judge Dredd : Deviations.

About contributor.
photo4Comic-loving bookworm. Scribbler of words and images.
Not Irish international soccer player.
Can be found on Twitter @Stephen_C_Ward.

The post Irish Comic Art Picks December appeared first on Irish Comic News.