Signspiel

Jon Awbrey

Apr 18, 2019, 6:00:36 PM4/18/19
to Structural Modeling, SysSciWG
Cf: Signspiel • 1
At: https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2019/04/17/signspiel-%e2%80%a2-1/

Teams,

I'll go ahead and share yesterday's comment from the Ontolog Forum —
partly because it's the only bit of writing I've gotten done so far
this month, but mostly because there's likely to be more recognition
of themes like generative structural models and goal-oriented systems
here than over there.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

All sorts of players have given us all sorts of spiel about speech acts over the years,
but Peirce stands out from the chorus in giving us generative models of semiosis based
on triadic sign relations that maintain a constant relation among signs, their active
interpretants in conduct, and pragmata, the objects and objectives of the whole action.
Shy of that, the speilerei of Austin and Wittgenstein simply never gets off the ground.

⁂ ⁂ ⁂

Will say more about “generative models of semiosis based on triadic sign relations”
when I get a chance ... (no sooner did I get back from my grand tour of the Midwest
than a box truck clipped the rear of my car, so I get all the fun of dealing with
body shop and claims adjusters) ...

Jon

--

inquiry into inquiry: https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/