Just a record of my current thoughts

Chris Smith

Jun 9, 2012, 1:51:59 PM6/9/12
to streamin...@googlegroups.com
Just thought I'd share, I'm keeping my current thoughts on pipes
available at https://github.com/cdsmith/my-pipes

This isn't intended to be a complete end product. In particular, it
does not implement exception handling or finalization. That's
intentional: I know those things are doable and have a pretty good
idea of what they affect, but I just find it easier to play around
with the fundamentals when the types are simpler. It also has
half-implementations of things I'm still pondering, and it shoves
everything into a single top-level module with no documentation.

I've just now modified it to incorporate the leftovers idea of
Michael's, but using a GADT and phantom types rather than (l = i)
versus (l = Void). I find this cleaner for a few reasons, both
because it's more obvious what's going on from reading the types, and
because it forbids some non-sensical stuff when (i = Void), which IMO
should never happen, but when it does we want to prevent unawaits in
the downstream Pipe anyway.

--
Chris