Location of JDK?

Brian O'Neill

Sep 24, 2013, 11:20:25 PM9/24/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com

Sorry -- noob here, using master to deploy into a 2.1.0-beta cluster.  I'm deploying from Mac OS X onto a YARN cluster running on RHEL.
I've tested the YARN cluster with Pig, and all appears to be well.

Storm-Yarn works like a champ, but the logs from the Resource Manager show:
"/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_09.jdk/Contents/Home//bin/java: No such file or directory"

I haven't looked deep enough yet, but it appears to be picking up my JAVA_HOME from the client machine and using that when it exec's on the YARN cluster.
I believe I can hack around it by deploying from a Linux machine, but wanted to make you guys aware.

This is the actual exception shown in the ResourceManager.

Application application_1380078062907_0003 failed 2 times due to AM Container for appattempt_1380078062907_0003_000002 exited with exitCode: 127 due to: Exception from container-launch:
org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell$ExitCodeException:
at org.apache.hadoop.util.Shell.runCommand(Shell.java:458)

BTW -- I'm excited about this project.  I'm going to try to use it for a chapter in our upcoming book on Storm.

-brian

Andy Feng

Sep 25, 2013, 12:24:13 AM9/25/13
to Brian O'Neill, storm...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

Good catch. Do you want to file an issue at github? I will fix it tomorrow.

Andy Feng

Sent from my iPhone

Brian O'Neill

Sep 25, 2013, 6:43:57 AM9/25/13
to Andy Feng, Brian O'Neill, storm...@googlegroups.com

You've got it Andy.

Thanks!

-brian

---
Brian O'Neill
Chief Architect
Health Market Science
The Science of Better Results
2700 Horizon Drive  King of Prussia, PA  19406

This information transmitted in this email message is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this email in error and are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, please contact the sender at the email above and delete this email and any attachments and destroy any copies thereof. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, copying or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.