Plugin bolts dynamically into existing topology

Sasi Panja

Dec 12, 2013, 1:57:04 PM12/12/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
I have a storm topology with many bolts, each bolt running some business logic, such as a ML algorithm on the stream, to display real-time  results.

I would like to plug-in new bolts ( which have some built in algorithm logic) at runtime into the topolgy. Is this possible? The idea is that I have a topology with an existing configuration of spouts and bolts, but I want to be able to add on new bolts dynamically to execute on the tuples emitted by the exiting bolts.

Thanks
Sasi