State-full Bolts

Klausen Schaefersinho

Dec 12, 2013, 9:58:59 AM12/12/13
to storm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

i have the need to process quite a lot of data in form of an event stream. Each event is connected to an user and for most of my operations have to operate on the entire set of events for a given users. So every time a new event arrives I have to load all events from some data storage, do my processing, store the event in the storage  and send the results somewhere. The problem is that reading the old events from the storage is quite expensive, in particular if done over a network. Therefore it would make sense to use the machine the bolt is running on for storage as well. This way I can exploit locality and reduce network bandwidth. Does storm support this kind of scenario some how?

Cheers,

Klaus