How to take photos of flea market bikes inconspicuously?

Rory Woods

Nov 3, 2016, 5:05:06 PM11/3/16
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Hi all,

After my bike was stolen, I have been frequenting the Ashby Flea Market and will also probably be going to Laney. I'm wondering if anyone has tips on how to take photos of suspected stolen bikes (to post to the Flickr group) without arousing the suspicion of those selling them.

Thanks,
Rory

plattyjo

Nov 3, 2016, 6:11:58 PM11/3/16
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Hi Rory,

When I've taken photos in the past, I've said that I was shopping for a friend who wanted reference photos of bikes.

Cheers,

Jenny

Rory Woods

Nov 4, 2016, 5:14:44 PM11/4/16
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Thanks, Jenny. And thanks for all your work helping folks recover bikes!

Rory