See your stolen saddle in this Craigslist ad?

Sean Kline

Apr 3, 2016, 10:51:22 AM4/3/16
to stolen-bicyc...@googlegroups.com
I just saw this Craigslist post featuring Brooks and other saddles:

I am confident the brown B17 is mine. Any ideas as to how to follow this up?

Note that this Craigslist post will likely disappear shortly. I've attached a screenshot of the ad as a reference.

Sean
Craigslist_3April16.jpg

denise h.

Apr 4, 2016, 1:43:35 AM4/4/16
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area

If you actually find your bike on Craigslist, get in touch with the police you filed with — and/or @sfpdbiketheft — because Craigslist isn’t going to help you. Follow @stolenbikessfo — which tracks stolen bikes, dodgy Craigslist ads, and bike thieves in the Bay Area — for more information. Start a new email account and pretend to be interested in buying the bike, so you can gather email, phone, and other info on the seller.

I hope you're able to use some of this advice, and get your seat back!!