[Oakland - 2/9/2018 ] Stolen: 2013ish Surly Cross Check

Dan Branstrator

Feb 11, 2018, 9:05:46 PM2/11/18
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Another Stolen Bike (Temescal): Surly Cross Check

Stolen from 5200 block of Telegraph (Kingfish & Library) sometime around 7pm on Friday 2/9. It was locked to one of the seemingly legit Oakland bike locking stations in front of the library right next to Kingfish with a large, heavy duty chain lock. Went in to have a beer while my laundry was at the wash and dry (the wash cycle) so I couldn't have been inside for more than 20 minutes. Left with a friend to grab some food and ended up leaving it overnight. Apparently that was too long, and my favorite bike EVER was in the wind. Color: black with chrome/silver hardware and grip-tape Year: I believe it was a 2013 model Accessories: Silver rack on back; brand new chrome cassette Answers to the name: Panthy (because she was sleek and black - like a panther) I'm sure she's already gone or at least has had her appearance altered dramatically, but thought I'd put it out there. Thanks. I have reported this information to the police.