Bike stolen on the caltrain mostly near the Santa Clara, Sunnyvale and Mountain view stations

kartheek k

Nov 4, 2016, 10:49:31 PM11/4/16
to stolen-bicyc...@googlegroups.com

Hello all!

I was in a northbound Local train to SFO on 11/04/2016 morning from San Jose, and a person carried my bike and got down before San Mateo. The bike is a 700C 2013 Trek 8.2 DS, serial WTU202C5946G which exactly looks like this and is blue/silver color.http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/ImageZoom.aspx?itemid=8180291&if=52805.jpg It has mudguards on both front and rear tires, and has front and rear lights fitted. Can someone please update this thread if they find something similar? Or suggest me best things I can do to have my bike back. I looked at the san jose flee market, could not find it.

https://bikeindex.org/bikes/103070

An optimistic post from a bike lover!

download.jpeg

plattyjo

Nov 5, 2016, 11:33:37 AM11/5/16
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Sorry to hear about the theft! There's tips on the main home page of this Google group that you can reference, but the main points are to register your stolen bike on Bike Index, use IFTTT.com to set alerts on CL and search local flea markets to see if it turns up. Good luck and I hope you get it back!

Cheers,

Jenny

On Friday, November 4, 2016 at 7:49:31 PM UTC-7, kartheek k wrote:

Hello all!

I was in a northbound Local train to SFO this morning from San Jose at 10am, and a person carried my bike and got down before San Mateo, mostly near Santa Clara, Sunnyvale and Mountain View stations. The bike is a Trek 7.2 FX, 700C, Silver color which structurally looks like this and is silver color.http://trek.scene7.com/is/image/TrekBicycleProducts/1323010_2016_A_1_7_2_FX