So your bike was stolen from a BART station? I want to hear your story

ebald...@bayareanewsgroup.com

Aug 24, 2016, 6:11:04 PM8/24/16
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Hey all -
My name is Erin Baldassari, and I am a reporter for the East Bay Times and Mercury News. I'm writing a story about bike thefts on BART, based off some new data we received from BART PD. And, I'd like to include your story - what it felt like when you realized your bike wasn't where you left it, how much you spent on that Kryptonite U-Lock only to find it in a mangled heap lying limp near the bike rack, what you think BART should or should not be doing with respect to bike security, etc. I'm particularly interested in folks who used more than a cable lock (u-lock, cable + u-lock, two u-locks) to secure their bikes, as well as folks who had their bikes stolen from the BikeLink lockers or other paid areas.
I can be reached at (510) 208-6428 or ebald...@bayareanewsgroup.com.
Thanks!
Erin