Bike Friday Pocket Nomad Stolen in Menlo Park

Jym Dyer

Feb 21, 2015, 6:01:58 PM2/21/15
to stolen-bicyc...@googlegroups.com
=v= Stolen bike reported on the San Francisco Bike Friday Club
email list (which is a Yahoo! Group):

The group is members-only, so I'll just excerpt the details:

> My 2002 Pocket Nomad was stolen in Menlo Park on Wednesday
> Feb. 18. It is a red hybrid with flat bars and platform
> pedals. Unique or unusual features: The front derailleur cable
> is led directly to a cable guide under the bottom bracket. It
> has half-step gearing with 50 and 54 tooth chain rings. The
> serial number is 9246, but the serial number is covered by the
> cable guide. Just in case.
>
> Black Avocet saddle. 7-speed 11-30 freewheel. folding seat
> mast, hubs don't match--Shimano 105 front, SunRace rear.
> Primo Comet tires. Rare Sugino cranks, Rear derailleur has
> a Rolamajig. No fenders. "ONE LESS CAR" and "THINK GLOBALLY
> BIKE LOCALLY" decals. Black Avocet 20 cycle computer.

Contact me if you see it (I'm a group moderator, technically
my responsibility to protect email addresses and such).

=v= I've told him about the Laney Flea Market and pointed him
to Jenny's page on it. He's wondering what to do if he goes
and he sees his bike.
<_Jym_>