Spotted a google bike the other day

Fred Moyer

Mar 11, 2015, 2:10:20 AM3/11/15
to stolen-bicyc...@googlegroups.com
I spotted a google bike the other day; and I was in SF, not on the Google campus. It was very distinctive with the red cage, green fenders, and yellow body.

Should I automatically assume that bike is stolen?

Eric Swanson

Mar 16, 2015, 12:26:19 PM3/16/15
to stolen-bicyc...@googlegroups.com
I have seen a few (or one, stolen by a guy who gets around) locked to various bike racks in Oakland. I think it is safe to assume that, although why anyone would want to steal such a basic bike and then transport it from MTV up to the city or the town is beyond me. Maybe someone steals a bunch of them at once and sells them? Might be worth noting to security.

Fred Moyer

Mar 16, 2015, 10:39:41 PM3/16/15
to Eric Swanson, stolen-bicyc...@googlegroups.com
I spoke to a friend who works for Google. He said that if I see a Google bike I should call 650-253-5555.  He quoted "they have a whole team that deals with this stuff.