STOLEN: 1983 Trek 640 from 20th/Broadway

Joel W

Jul 28, 2016, 10:16:21 PM7/28/16
to stolen-bicyc...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I just had my 62cm 1983 Trek 640 stolen from outside of the 19th St. BART Station on Monday night. It's a very noticeable bike so I'm hoping someone might see it around and help track it down. Wishful thinking, I know! :-)

Anyway, some further details: It's a black frame with maroon panel and head tube, black cork handlebar tape - just as pictured, except mine has discreet brake cables. I don't have a picture of it unfortunately. But it is in exceptionally good condition. I often was asked if it was a new bike, some kind of retro thing Trek is making, because there were very few scratches or scuffs of any kind. It has all the original components: original rims, Campagnolo crank, derailieurs and brakes.

Any leads or if you see someone trying to sell one please let me know. Much appreciated!

Joel

trek_640.jpg

Brian Drayton

Jul 29, 2016, 10:27:32 PM7/29/16
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
SORRY   bike thieves are getting savvy to vintage bikes.   Your bike was old but has more value than one might think..    I hope you find it in one piece.    share this with face books  stole bike stories and  east bay  bike shop vigilante