Where are the flea markets that stolen bikes go to?

Jared Klein

Nov 2, 2015, 2:35:58 AM11/2/15
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
Where are the best locations... flea markets etc. to go search for my stolen bike?
In my case, It was stolen from the Ferry Market Building, downtown SF.

manfr...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2015, 12:47:17 AM12/8/15
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
On Sunday, November 1, 2015 at 11:35:58 PM UTC-8, Jared Klein wrote:
> Where are the best locations... flea markets etc. to go search for my stolen bike?
> In my case, It was stolen from the Ferry Market Building, downtown SF.

Probably Craigslist in a different County. Perhaps even eBay. I expect that few would risk selling the bike close to where someone would possibly discover it.

Robert Prinz

Dec 8, 2015, 6:27:13 PM12/8/15
to Stolen Bicycles Bay Area
The Oakland Laney College or Coliseum flea markets, and the Ashby BART flea market in Berkeley, are all well known for stolen bike sales, including ones from SF. Bike thieves aren't particularly smart or resourceful, so even though it seems dumb many stolen bikes are still resold locally.

Some more info is available online here: www.BikeEastBay.org/theft.

Good luck, and please report back with info if you do recover your bike!