Saturday, April 6, 2019

Heather Meyer

Apr 6, 2019, 11:15:48 AM4/6/19
to stockca...@googlegroups.com

·

T H E  *  S T O C K  *  C A R  *  G A Z E T T E

   by http://MotorSportsNews.Net

   Do you know for sure?

   http://motorsportsnews.net/you-can-know-for-sure

Hasco Collectibles

Div. Hasco Services, LLC

701 Mantooth Ave.

Lufkin, TX 75904

Thomas Frazier

936-465-7143

http://www.hascodiecastcars.com

ha...@diecastcars.net

NEWEST:

William Byron 1/24th Scale 2017 Axalta/Iowa Win Camaro

Dale Jr 1/24th Scale 2017 Nationwide Gray Ghost

Dale Jr 1/24th Scale 2017 Nationwide Justice League

William Byron 1/24th Scale 2017 Autographed Liberty Univ/Darlington Throwback Camaro

Dale Jr 1/24th Scale 2017 Nationwide Flashcoat

Dale Jr 1/24th Scale 2017 Silver Flashcoat Nationwide Stars And Stripes 25th Career Win

Dale Jr. 1/24th 2017 Mt. Dew

Dale Jr. 1/24th 2017 Mt. Dew / Dew-SA

Dale Jr. 1/24th 2017 Nationwide Darlington Throwback

PRE-ORDER:

Dale Jr. 1/24th 2017 Autographed Axalta/Last Ride Raced Version

Dale Jr. 1/24th 2017 Axalta/Last Ride Raced Version

Dale Jr. 1/24th 2017 Mt. Dew Ride With Dale Raced Version

Dale Jr 1/24th Scale 2017 Nationwide Chevy Truck Month

William Byron 1/24th 2017 Autographed Liberty Univ/Homestead Raced Version Camaro

William Byron 1/24th 2017 Autographed Xfinity Series Champion Camaro

OTHER AUTOGRAPHED OFFERINGS:

All Lionel Distributed Officially Autographed W/JR

Motorsports Certificate Of Authenticity & Hologram

Alex Bowman 1/24th 2016 Autographed Mt. Dew

Dale Jr. 1/24th 2015 Windows 10-Officially Autographed

Dale Jr. 1/24th 2013 Time Warner Cable Chevy SS-Only 72 Exist

Serial Numbered 1 to 72 -Sold Originally By NASCAR.com

Dale Jr. 1/24th 2014 Nationwide Cup Chevy SS-Autographed

C. Elliott 1/24th 2014 NAPA American Salute Autographed

C. Elliott 1/24th 2015 NAPA Xfinity #9 Autographed

C. Elliott 1/24th 2015 NAPA Cup #25 Autographed

Large Discounts On Older Model Year Cars,

AND Ground Flat Rate Shipping Is Still Available

Hasco Collectibles

Div. Hasco Services, LLC

Editors Notes

Welcome to Army Day, International Pillow Fight Day and National Twinkie Day.

Guess I should give you a heads up that a couple of editions this up coming week will be at odd times as I will be traveling for another Adaptive car event.

Stock Car Gazette Columnist

Courtesy of Catchfence

www.Catchfence.com

 Chase Elliott posts record time to score pole at Bristol Motor Speedway

http://www.catchfence.com/283368/chase-elliott-posts-record-time-to-score-pole-at-bristol-motor-speedway

Ryan Blaney hopes to transform early season speed into wins

http://www.catchfence.com/283364/ryan-blaney-hopes-transform-early-season-speed-wins

Darrell Waltrip reflects on career as driver and broadcaster

http://www.catchfence.com/283358/darrell-waltrip-reflects-career-driver-broadcaster

Natalie Decker readies for NASCAR K&N Pro Series East debut

http://www.catchfence.com/283354/natalie-decker-readies-nascar-kn-pro-series-east-debut

Courtesy of Frontstretch

www.Frontstretch.com

Fox Sports’ Darrell Waltrip to Retire From The Booth After Sonoma

In an exclusive to The Tennessean, Darrell Waltrip announced Thursday that he will, in fact, retire from broadcasting at the end of the FOX Sports portion of the NASCAR schedule.

https://www.frontstretch.com/2019/04/04/fox-sports-darrell-waltrip-to-retire-from-the-booth-after-sonoma/

Gray Gaulding to Run Double Duty at Bristol

Rick Ware Racing announced Thursday they have tapped Gray Gaulding to drive their No. 51 Chevrolet in Sunday's Food City 500.  Gaulding will bring sponsorship from Panini America with him to the team.

https://www.frontstretch.com/2019/04/04/gray-gaulding-to-run-double-duty-at-bristol/

 NASCAR Monster Energy Series  https://s3.amazonaws.com/nascarassets/assets/1/photos/360x270/monsterenergy_cupseries_gradient.jpg

Courtesy of Google Alerts

 NASCAR starting lineup at Bristol: Chase Elliott wins pole after Ryan Blaney sets record

Sporting News

Chase Elliott will start up front at the Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway on Sunday as the 23-year-old won his first pole of the season. As good ...

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nascar/news/nascar-starting-lineup-bristol-qualifying-food-city-500-chase-elliott-wins-pole-ryan-blaney-track-record/gid9atxa8flx1s800c1s15z4t

Denny Hamlin believes his No. 11 Toyota team can improve hot start

NASCAR

Already Denny Hamlin has won twice in seven Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races this season, demonstrating such high-level consistency ...

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/04/05/denny-hamlin-believes-his-no-11-toyota-team-can-improve-hot-start/

Ryan Blaney fastest in opening Cup practice at Bristol Motor Speedway

NBC Sports - Misc. (blog)

Christopher Bell doesn't know what he will be doing next season yet in NASCAR, and the Joe Gibbs Racing driver surprisingly seems unworried ...

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/04/05/ryan-blaney-fastest-in-opening-cup-practice-at-bristol-motor-speedway/

Elliott earns Bristol Busch Pole Award as Blaney sets new track record

NASCAR

William Byron will join his Hendrick Motorsports teammate on the front row Sunday (2 p.m. ET, FS1, PRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio) after circling the ...

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/04/05/qualifying-results-bristol-motor-speedway-monster-energy-series-chase-elliott-ryan-blaney/

One Million Reasons to Cheer: Jones racing for a million dollar donation

Johnson City Press

20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota wins Sunday's NASCAR race, his sponsor Craftsman will donate $1 million dollars to Children's Miracle Network through ...

https://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Charities-Fundraisers/2019/04/04/One-Million-Reasons-to-Cheer-Jones-racing-for-a-million-dollar-donation-to-Niswonger.html

NASCAR: Erik Jones working toward contract extension with Joe Gibbs Racing

Beyond the Flag

Toward the middle of the 2017 NASCAR Cup Series, Joe Gibbs Racing confirmed that Erik Jones would replace 2003 Cup Series champion Matt ...

https://beyondtheflag.com/2019/04/05/nascar-erik-jones-working-toward-contract-extension-joe-gibbs-racing/

Keselowski can be one of NASCAR Cup's 'greats' with road course win

autosport.com

Penske's Brad Keselowski says he must add a road course victory to be considered a NASCAR Cup Series' "great", having won at all other types of ...

https://www.autosport.com/nascar/news/142578/keselowski-can-be-a-great-with-road-course-win

NASCAR Looking To Control Cup Series Costs With 2021 Rules Package

GM Authority (blog)

NASCAR frequently changing the aero package from race to race also ... team like the championship-winning Furniture Row Racing and could even ...

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/04/nascar-looking-to-control-cup-series-costs-with-2021-rules-package/

NASCAR Cup Series pole-to-win drought highest in several seasons

Beyond the Flag

Furniture Row Racing folded following the 2018 NASCAR Cup Series season, and the 2019 season is already nearly 20% complete. But they are still ...

https://beyondtheflag.com/2019/04/06/nascar-cup-series-pole-win-drought-highest-several-seasons/

GREGORY: Like it or not, Kyle Busch is once again the favorite at Bristol Motor Speedway

Lynchburg News and Advance

Consider that Busch has earned 21 victories at BMS across NASCAR's ... nine of his 15 NASCAR starts this season, including a pair of Cup conquests.

https://www.newsadvance.com/sports/auto_racing/gregory-like-it-or-not-kyle-busch-is-once-again/article_1953e7ea-25e3-54ba-8b08-0488e8e9b7f7.html

Ryan Blaney sick of 'dumb luck,' but thankful for fast cars

NASCAR

After bad luck at Texas, Ryan Blaney is hoping take advantage of Team Penske's speed and rebound with a win. - 04/05/2019. Press Pass. All Videos.

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/press-pass/ryan-blaney-sick-of-dumb-luck-but-thankful-for-fast-cars/

NASCAR at Bristol 2019 Qualifying Results: Chase Elliott Wins 1st Pole of Season

Bleacher Report

Chase Elliott won the pole for the 2019 Food City 500 after posting the best qualifying time at Bristol Motor Speedway on Friday. William Byron will

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829809-nascar-at-bristol-2019-qualifying-results-chase-elliott-wins-1st-pole-of-season

Blaney comes up short in Bristol qualifying: 'I just got really greedy'

NASCAR

Ryan Blaney was on pace to set a Bristol track record, but wasn't able to capitalize to win the Busch Pole Award. - 04/05/2019. Monster Energy ...

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/monster-energy-nascar-cup-qualifying-clips/blaney-sets-bristol-track-record-misses-pole-i-just-got-really-greedy/

Team Penske led the way in opening practice at Bristol

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/04/05/results-practice-bristol-motor-speedway-monster-energy-series/

If you think Denny Hamlin is on the hot seat at Joe Gibbs Racing, know that he doesn't agree with you after a hot start to 2019.

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/press-pass/hamlin-cant-imagine-someone-doing-a-better-job-in-my-car-than-me/

Bristol Monster Energy Series pit stall assignments

NASCAR

See where your favorite driver will pit for Sunday's Food City 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway (2 p.m. ET, FS1, PRN, SiriusXM NASCAR Radio).

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/04/06/bristol-monster-energy-series-pit-stall-assignments-4/

Courtesy of Racin' Today

  www.racintoday.com

DW Ready To Start Something, And End Something

http://www.racintoday.com/archives/63924

Bristol Notes: Taking A Car For A Spin Has Become More Difficult

 http://www.racintoday.com/archives/63927

   N A S C A R * Xfinity * S E R I E S

 https://s3.amazonaws.com/nascarassets/assets/1/photos/360x270/nxs_4c.png

Courtesy of Google Alerts

Xfinity Series' Dash 4 Cash kicks off at Bristol

NASCAR

BRISTOL, Tenn. — Saturday's Alsco 300 NASCAR Xfinity Series race brings additional incentive for four drivers – the series' seventh race is the first ...

www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/04/05/xfinity-series-dash-4-cash-kicks-off-at-bristol/

Christopher Bell: 'I can't really picture' supplanting any current JGR driver in Cup Series

NASCAR

BRISTOL, Tenn. — Christopher Bell sits in the upper reaches of the NASCAR Xfinity Series standings. He has one victory already this season, virtually ...

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/04/05/christopher-bell-xfinity-joe-gibbs-racing-monster-energy-series/

NASCAR Xfinity Series returns to Martinsville Speedway in 2020

WSLS 10

The race will be a part of a NASCAR Playoffs triple-header weekend, featuring the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series on Friday, the Xfinity ...

https://www.wsls.com/sports/nascar-xfinity-series-returns-to-martinsville-speedway-in-2020

Bell flattered but unswayed by Cup rumors

Racer

Joe Gibbs Racing would need to make room for him, however. ... in 2017, just joined the organization following the closure of Furniture Row Racing.

https://racer.com/2019/04/05/bell-honored-by-the-chatter-but-likes-it-where-he-is/

Press Releases

·          ___________________________________________________________

     GANDER* OUTDOORS* T R U C K * S E R I E S

 https://s3.amazonaws.com/nascarassets/assets/1/workflow_staging/photos/360x270/358813.jpg

Courtesy of Google Alerts

 Gateway confirms IndyCar / NASCAR Truck twin bill in 2020

Racer

NASCAR's Gander Outdoors Truck Series will share the billing with the NTT Data IndyCar Series at Gateway next year. The Friday, August 21, 2020 ...

https://racer.com/2019/04/04/gateway-confirms-indycar-nascar-truck-twin-bill-in-2020/

Failed Drug Test Causes Apology from NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series Driver Austin ...

Tunf.com News

A recent apology was forthcoming from Austin Wayne Self after a failed drug test led to his suspension. The NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series ...

https://news.tunf.com/failed-drug-test-causes-apology-from-nascar-gander-outdoors-truck-series-driver-austin-wayne-self/563806

Kansas Speedway announces 2020 race dates for NASCAR XFINITY, Gander truck series races

Wyandotte Daily

Kansas Speedway has announced its dates for the 2020 NASCAR XFINITY Series race and NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series race. Both races ...

http://wyandottedaily.com/kansas-speedway-announces-2020-race-dates-for-nascar-xfinity-gander-truck-series-races/

Friesen Raises Awareness for Autism with Special Paint Scheme and a Charitable Donation at Dover

Speedway Digest (press release) (blog)

The month of April is Autism Awareness month and to help increase awareness, NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (NGOTS) driver Stewart ...

https://www.speedwaydigest.com/index.php/news/gander-outdoors-truck-series-news/49278-friesen-raises-awareness-for-autism-with-special-paint-scheme-and-a-charitable-donation-at-dover

MotorsportsBeat

www.motorsportsbeat.com

Elliott scores pole, Byron second in Bristol (NASCAR Cup)
One week after teammate Jimmie Johnson scored his first pole in nearly three years, Hendrick Motorsports teammates Chase Elliott and William Byron locked out the front row in Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series qualifying at Bristol Motor Speedway. Elliott laid down a time of 14.568 seconds in the final round to take his first pole award of 2019. Byron followed in second, with Ryan BlaneyErik Jones and Denny Hamlin completing the top-five.
Blaney didn't claim the pole with his final round run, but the Team Penske star did secure a bit of NASCAR history. With he heightened corner speed of the new rules packages, Blaney completed a lap in 14.528 seconds during Round 2 to set a new track record at the Tennessee track.
Ford made up the majority of the final spots in the top 10, with Aric AlmirolaJoey LoganoClint Bowyer and Paul Menard claiming sixth through ninth. Johnson secured the final spot in the top-10, with Ryan Newman and Brad Keselowski completing the final round rundown. The complete qualifying results can be seen on NASCAR.com
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/04/05/qualifying-results-bristol-motor-speedway-monster-energy-series-chase-elliott-ryan-blaney/

https://www.nascar.com/results/race_center/2019/monster-energy-nascar-cup-series/food-city-500/stn/qualifying/

Overnight Spoiler) P2: McLaughlin takes Tassie opener (Supercars)
While most American race fans slept, the Supercars field lined up for the first race of the weekend in Australia. Scott McLaughlin shot out to the lead on the opening lap and never looked back to claim the weekend-opening victory in the Tyrepower Tasmania SuperSprint - his first at Symmons Plains. Shell V-Power Racing partner Fabian Coulthard followed in second, 1.76 seconds behind McLaughlin at race's end.
"Great job for Shell V-Power Racing to get a one-two, awesome," McLaughlin said."I’ll have a good sleep tonight, watch a bit of the footy and try and come back stronger myself tomorrow. But that one is for Ford fans and all our team. We’ve worked hard behind the scenes. There’s been a lot of stuff thrown at us, but we just fight on. We’re a strong group."
Shane van Gisbergen followed in third, with pole-sitter Mark Winterbottom and James Courtney completing the top-five. David Reynolds, Tim Slade, Nick Percat, Anton de Pasquale and Chaz Mostert rounded out the top-10. The complete race results can be seen on the Supercars website
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/mclaughlin-leads-shell-ford-1-2-in-tassie-opener/

https://www.supercars.com/sessions/2019-tyrepower-tasmania-supersprint/virgin-australia-supercars-championship-race-7/

Salinas, Wilkerson lead the way in Las Vegas (NHRA)
The opening day of the Denso Spark Plugs NHRA Four-Wide Nationals saw a pair of veterans top the charts in Las Vegas. Mike Salinas laid down a top time of 3.705 seconds to lead the way in Top Fuel, positioning himself to challenge for a No. 1 qualifier today.
“Me and my family are out here for one reason, and that’s to be No. 1," Salinas said. "Second is not best for us. Our whole lives we’ve been No. 1 and we just try to better our personal best.  I actually thought that 3.70 should have been a .68 or a .69 because I know what Alan and those guys are capable of.”
Tim Wilkerson was the one to beat in Funny Car competition, securing the top spot on Friday with a time of 3.895 seconds. Wilkerson is sizing up his first top qualifier in nearly two years, dating back to the 2017 Thunder Valley NHRA Nationals.
“I’ve been real critical of the track prep this year and I just want to say how good of a job they’ve done here," Wilkersons said. 'Good job to all those guys; with 110-degree racetrack and to go that fast, that’s a good job."
Bo Butner topped the charts in Pro Stock qualifying, with Hector Arana Jr. leading the way in Pro Stock Motorcycle competition. Each group will get a chance to improve their times later today,.

Fast Fact
Today's Xfinity Series race presents a rare opportunity for the championship contenders - an opportunity to win at Bristol Motor Speedway. Just one of the past 13 Xfinity races has been won by a series regular, and it was a part-timer in Ryan Preece last spring. The last true championship contender to win was Elliott Sadler back in 2012.

Formula 1

www.formula1.com

ANALYSIS: Why are Red Bull lacking performance?

Formula 1

Red Bull's performance in Australia was a shock. They had looked reasonable in testing, but no one expected Max Verstappen to be able to pass ...

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.analysis-why-are-red-bull-lacking-performance.1xlxf9dz5piunWaa9Nc6Cx.html

Leclerc is world champion material – Wolff

Formula 1

He was set to become F1's third-youngest winner, but instead had to settle ... Leclerc was remarkably upbeat after the race with rival team boss Wolff ...

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.leclerc-is-world-champion-material-wolff.6fhojn78ka4JwS0lpYtD9W.html

Formula 1: Kimi Raikkonen as close to Sebastian Vettel at Alfa Romeo as at Ferrari

Beyond the Flag

Kimi Raikkonen is as close to Sebastian Vettel in the Formula 1 driver standings driving for Alfa Romeo Racing as he ever was driving for Scuderia ...

https://beyondtheflag.com/2019/04/05/formula-1-kimi-raikkonen-closer-sebastian-vettel-alfa-romeo-ferrari/

Just under a week removed from Charles Leclerc's heartbreaking run in Abu Dhabi, Scuderia Ferrari has diagnosed the problem with the young star's engine

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/leclerc-ferrari-engine-problem-bahrain/4365399/

Two races into the season, F1.com's Will Buxton shared what drivers he believes are positioned for both success and failure

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.buxton-on-the-f1-drivers-up-against-it-and-those-who-are-excelling.r8XZ5gHAEnFQ5dCALH3E3.html

Max Verstappen has a new helmet supplier this season in Schuberth despite the RB15 car being created around an Arai design.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verstappen-helmet-change-arai-schuberth/4365601/

·          Formula E

How to drive an electric race car

CNN International

"But I would not have imagined I would one day drive a real electric racing ... powered a full-size electric car to the Season Two Formula E world title.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/05/motorsport/how-to-drive-an-electric-race-car-sebastien-buemi-formula-e-spt-intl/index.html

Unique 3D printed trophy for Formula E 'voestalpine European Races' unveiled

3DPMN (press release)

The one-of-a-kind trophy not only exemplifies the company's additive manufacturing expertise, but also highlights how Formula E racing and ...

https://www.3dprintingmedia.network/unique-3d-printed-trophy-for-formula-e-voestalpine-european-races-unveiled/

 How to drive a 225kph electric race car

WPRO

Aged just seven Sebastien Buemi was already on track to become a Formula E world champion. Like most young motorsport fans he had a Scalextric ...

http://www.630wpro.com/news/how-to-drive-a-225kph-electric-race-car/

Formula E aiming to expand calendar with race in Shanghai

GPblog.com (blog)

Formula E are set to expand its racing calendar with an extra race, a race that will take place in Shanghai and it could be announced as early as May.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/34335/formula-e-aiming-to-expand-calendar-with-race-in-shanghai.html

Mercedes Formula E car debuts on track

Professional Motorsport World

The Mercedes-Benz EQ Formula E Team has achieved a major milestone ... But there is still a lot of work to do before our race debut when the next ...

https://www.pmw-magazine.com/news/new-competition-car/mercedes-formula-e-car-debuts-on-track.html

Add Vienna to the list of locations that could soon play host to an ABB FIA Formula E Championship race

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/vienna-talks-hosting-formula-e-race/4365432/

ARCA -Automobile Racing Club of America

www.arcaracing.com

 Menards to Sponsor ARCA Menards Series Race at Elko Speedway

Speedway Digest (press release) (blog)

The Automobile Racing Club of America (ARCA), Track Enterprises and Menards have jointly announced that the Wisconsin-based home ...

https://speedwaydigest.com/index.php/news/speedway-news/49259-menards-to-sponsor-arca-menards-series-race-at-elko-speedway

Daniel Hemric To Return To Anderson's Redbud 400

SPEED SPORT (press release)

He transitioned into a full-time NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series ride in 2015 and 2016. In 2017, Hemric joined Richard Childress Racing.

https://speedsport.com/stock-cars/touring-late-models/hemric-return-redbud-400-anderson/

 Discount Tickets to April 14 Kentuckiana Ford Dealers ARCA 200 Available at Southern Indiana ...

Speedway Digest (press release) (blog)

Eckes is running for the ARCA Menards Series championship in 2019 and is also racing part time in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series for ...

https://speedwaydigest.com/index.php/news/racing-news/49280-discount-tickets-to-april-14-kentuckiana-ford-dealers-arca-200-available-at-southern-indiana-and-northern-kentucky-menards-locations

Indy Car

www.indycar.com

Youth has been served thus far in NTT IndyCar Series season

INDYCAR

Youth has been served thus far in NTT IndyCar Series season ... Yet, Herta is just one of a widely heralded 2019 NTT IndyCar Series rookie ... the 2007 Renault 3.5 Series championship and boasts extensive sports-car experience.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/04/04-04-Voices-Barnes

PRUETT: Barber IndyCar talking points

Racer

Round 3 of the 2019 NTT IndyCar Series championship gets under way on ... 88 Honda is poised to be the single-car spoiler among the multi-car ...

https://racer.com/2019/04/04/pruett-barber-indycar-talking-points/

En eventful opening day of practice ended with James Hinchcliffe atop the charts at Barber Motorsports Park

https://www.indycar.com/News/2019/04/04-05-Barber-practice-2-recap

Barber Motorsports Park offers a major setup challenge for NTT IndyCar Series teams, one Ryan Hunter-Reay believes is among the toughest in the entire series

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/hunter-reay-barber-analysis-tough/4365536/

IMSA -International Motor Sports Association

 www.imsa.com

 Corvette Racing Heads to Long Beach Looking for 100th IMSA Win at Site of No. 99

Speedway Digest (press release) (blog)

It's a big milestone, and one that Corvette Racing has been chasing in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship since the 2018 BUBBA burger ...

https://www.speedwaydigest.com/index.php/news/racing-news/49271-corvette-racing-heads-to-long-beach-looking-for-100th-imsa-win-at-site-of-no-99

Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion accepts 500-plus entries for 14 groups

Racer

More than 145 IMSA cars were accepted into four IMSA-focused groups. Some of the greatest cars in IMSA history will be racing and include 1991 ...

https://racer.com/2019/04/05/rolex-monterey-motorsports-reunion-accepts-500-plus-historic-race-cars-for-14-groups/

McLaren F1's Zak Brown to drive two famous Porsches and Roush Ford

autosport.com

Price Cobb finished second in that year's IMSA GTP Championship and won ... The series will run in support of the contemporary IMSA SportsCar ...

https://www.autosport.com/historics/news/142572/mclaren-brown-to-drive-famous-porsches-ford

·          ___________________________________________________________

NASCAR K&N Pro Series

https://hometracks.nascar.com/regional/kn-pro-series-east/

 Natalie Decker ready for NASCAR K&N Pro Series East debut

NASCAR

Natalie Decker, 21, will make her NASCAR K&N Pro Series East debut Saturday at Bristol Motor Speedway, competing in the Zombie Auto 150 for ...

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/04/05/natalie-decker-ready-for-nascar-kn-pro-series-east-debut/

Mayer is 15, and racing in K&N Series at Bristol

Bristol Herald Courier (press release) (blog)

"The cars are completely different, but track time always helps. This Bristol race is important for the entire K&N Series. GMS is new to K&N, but we're ...

https://www.heraldcourier.com/race_week/mayer-is-and-racing-in-k-n-series-at-bristol/article_aa5253ea-5755-11e9-b7b7-ebed0ee656b1.html

Rette Jones Racing; Spencer Davis ready for Bristol rumble

Speedway Digest (press release) (blog)

After nearly an eight-week break in NASCAR K&N Pro Series East (NKNPSE) competition, Spencer Davis (@SpencerDavis_29) and his Rette Jones ...

https://www.speedwaydigest.com/index.php/news/racing-news/49266-rette-jones-racing-spencer-davis-ready-for-bristol-rumble

NASCAR Pinty Series

 https://hometracks.nascar.com/international/pintys-series/

NHRA -National Hot Rod Association¬-NHRA Drag Racing tour

https://www.nhra.com/nhra

Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Sportsman Highlights

NHRA.com

Megan Meyer became the most successful woman in the Top Alcohol Dragster class and reigning Top Alcohol Funny Car champion Sean Bellemeur ...

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019/amalie-motor-oil-nhra-sportsman-highlights

Latest issue of NHRA National Dragster now online (Vol. 60 No. 6)

NHRA.com

NHRA National Dragster magazine's sixth issue of 2019, featuring coverage of the 50th Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals, is online for NHRA ...

https://www.nhra.com/news/2019/nd-issue06

Drag racing: Anderson seeks NHRA history

Duluth News Tribune

Duluthian Greg Anderson seeks to become the winningest National Hot Rod Association driver at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway this ...

https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/sports/motorsports/4594836-drag-racing-anderson-seeks-nhra-history

Robert Hight measures up against some of NHRA's best

OCRegister

Just three races into the new season, the tightest of the four NHRA professional classes is in Funny Car – if you take away the leader. A total of 86 ...

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/04/04/robert-hight-measures-up-against-some-of-nhras-best/

World of Outlaws

http://www.woosprint.com/

Brad Sweet got the better of Ian Madsen to secure a win in Friday's World of Outlaws NOS Energy Drink Sprint Car Series race at USA Raceway.

http://www.woosprint.com/news/race-reports/470-2019-race-reports/5441-brad-sweet-claims-wildcat-shootout-at-usa-raceway

Brian Shirley bested Brandon Sheppard for a weekend-opening win to start the Illini 100 at Farmer City Raceway.

http://www.woolms.com/news/race-reports/278-2019-race-reports/2610-shirley-takes-night-one-at-farmer-city

     C O L U M N S / C O M M E N T A R I E S

 Darrell Waltrip starts victory lap on his 2nd NASCAR career

Washington Post

BRISTOL, Tenn. — In the shadows of the Darrell Waltrip Grandstands, 'ol DW officially launched the second victory lap of his second NASCAR career.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/waltrip-starts-victory-lap-on-2nd-nascar-career-at-bristol/2019/04/05/fb654dac-57df-11e9-aa83-504f086bf5d6_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0214591d4860

Boogity! Boogity! Boogity! Waltrip set to retire

Kansas City Star

FILE - In this Feb. 2, 2015, file photo, former NASCAR race car driver Darrell Waltrip delivers the keynote address during the National Prayer Breakfast ...

https://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/article228847364.html

Waltrip set to wave green flag for Bristol Cup race

ESPN

BRISTOL, Tenn. -- NASCAR Hall of Fame driver Darrell Waltrip, who announced his retirement on Thursday, will wave the green flag to start Sunday's ...

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/26450404/darrell-waltrip-starts-victory-lap-2nd-nascar-career

Sterling Marlin undergoing Parkinson's treatment

ESPN

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Two-time Daytona 500 winner Sterling Marlin has been undergoing deep brain stimulation surgery as part of his treatment for ...

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/story/_/id/26442604/sterling-marlin-undergoing-parkinson-treatments

Letarte says 'Hello, Newman' to Bristol odds

NASCAR

Ryan Newman's odds as well as Daniel Suarez's jump out at NBC Sports' Steve Letarte and the Fantasy Fastlane couch crew. 04/05/2019 ...

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/fantasy/letarte-says-hello-newman-to-bristol-odds/

'Have you ever?' 'No i've never': Best of DW's Calls

NASCAR

Have we ever? No we have never heard anyone quite as enthusiastic about NASCAR than Darrell Waltrip. Relive his best calls from the Fox Sports ...

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/all-videos/have-you-ever-no-ive-never-best-of-dws-calls/

NASCAR fans can get autographs, cheer on church fighting hunger at Kroger

WWBT NBC12 News

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT) - NASCAR fans in the Richmond area will soon have chance to get autographs from two NASCAR drivers and witness a ...

http://www.nbc12.com/2019/04/05/nascar-fans-can-get-autographs-cheer-church-fighting-hunger-kroger/

Time Lapse: 40 haulers enter Bristol in 60 Seconds

NASCAR

Watch as the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series team haulers pile into Bristol Motor Speedway in just 60 seconds. 04/05/2019 ...

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/all-videos/time-lapse-40-haulers-enter-bristol-in-60-seconds/

Dale Earnhardt Jr. says Daytona needs to host NASCAR championship round

Daytona Beach News-Journal

When Dale Earnhardt Jr. talks, people listen, so when he suggested Daytona International Speedway should host the NASCAR Cup Series ...

https://www.news-journalonline.com/sports/20190404/dale-earnhardt-jr-says-daytona-needs-to-host-nascar-championship-round

4 Burning Questions: 2019 NASCAR Bristol Preview And Darrell Waltrip’s Legacy

https://www.frontstretch.com/2019/04/04/4-burning-questions-2019-nascar-bristol-preview-and-darrell-waltrips-legacy/

Friday Faceoff: Is Hendrick Motorsports Finally On The Upswing?

https://www.frontstretch.com/2019/04/04/friday-faceoff-is-hendrick-motorsports-finally-on-the-upswing/

NASCAR Perception is Reality for Jim, Bob and Cooter… and You, Too

https://www.frontstretch.com/2019/04/04/nascar-perception-is-reality-for-jim-bob-and-cooter-and-you-too/

Fire on Fridays: NASCAR Throwing It Back, 1990s Style

https://www.frontstretch.com/2019/04/04/fire-on-fridays-nascar-throwing-it-back-1990s-style/

NASCAR 101: 5 Relief Drivers in Unlikely Places

https://www.frontstretch.com/2019/04/04/nascar-101-5-relief-drivers-in-unlikely-places/

NASCAR at Bristol 2019: Start Time, Ticket Info, Lineup, TV Schedule and More

Bleacher Report

The 2019 NASCAR season stops in Bristol, Tennessee, this weekend for the Food City 500, the eighth race of the year. Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin ...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2829861-nascar-at-bristol-2019-start-time-ticket-info-lineup-tv-schedule-and-more

NASCAR legend Darrell Waltrip explains why this will be final season in the broadcasting booth

WJHL-TV News Channel 11

Bristol, TN - Earlier today people focused on NASCAR analyst and Hall of Fame driver Darrell Waltrip. He appeared at a news conference at Bristol ...

https://www.wjhl.com/sports/nascar-legend-darrell-waltrip-explains-why-this-will-be-final-season-in-the-broadcasting-booth/1903795359

The Dakar Rally Officially Relocates to Saudi Arabia

webBikeWorld

The Dakar Rally is one of the most amazing races on earth. For years it was held in Africa, but after threats of terrorism, the race was moved to South ...

https://www.webbikeworld.com/the-dakar-rally-officially-relocates-to-saudi-arabia/

- In a Friday press conference at Bristol Motor Speedway, Darrell Waltrip called announcing his retirement the "hardest thing I've ever had to do" before taking some time to explain the creation of his iconic "boogity, boogity boogity" line

https://www.nascar.com/video/franchise/press-pass/waltrip-this-is-the-hardest-thing-ive-ever-had-to-do/

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2019/04/05/behind-the-boogity-darrell-waltrip-boogity-origin-story/

US RaceTronics topped the charts in the opening day of the Lamborghini Super Trofeo weekend at Barber.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/lamborghini-st/us-racetronics-lamborghini-tops-friday-at-barber/

The full entry list for next weekend's Blancpain GT Series Endurance Cup opener at Monza has been revealed

https://sportscar365.com/sro/blancpain-gt/full-entry-list-revealed-for-monza/

First, last and monkey business

https://kennybruce.net/2019/04/05/first-last-and-monkey-business/

NASCAR: Bristol Notebook

April 5, 2019

BRISTOL, TN — Denny Hamlin wonders what it’s going to take to quiet his critics. He’s enjoying his best season in 13 years with Joe Gibbs Racing. The 38-year-old racer has two wins in the first seven races for the first time in his career. […]

http://racinboysscoop.com/news/news.asp?NewsID=40530

Dolly Parton makes NASCAR debut as sponsor at Bristol

https://racing.ap.org/article/dolly-parton-makes-nascar-debut-sponsor-bristol

Elliott earns 1st short track pole with run at Bristol

https://racing.ap.org/article/elliott-earns-1st-short-track-pole-run-bristol

Darrell Waltrip starts victory lap on his 2nd NASCAR career

https://racing.ap.org/article/darrell-waltrip-starts-victory-lap-his-2nd-nascar-career

Fresh from first win, Herta off to good start in Alabama

https://racing.ap.org/article/fresh-first-win-herta-good-start-alabama

Larson Feels Like Bristol Doesn’t Owe Him a Victory

http://www.popularspeed.com/larson-feels-like-bristol-doesnt-owe-him-a-victory/

Elliott earns Bristol Busch Pole Award as new track record set

http://www.popularspeed.com/elliott-earns-bristol-busch-pole-award-as-new-track-record-set/

DiBenedetto believes finishing order will reflect in-race performance soon

http://kickinthetires.net/index.php/2019/04/06/dibenedetto-believes-finishing-order-will-reflect-in-race-performance-soon/

Johnson Not ‘Getting Ahead of Himself’ With Hendrick’s Gains

http://kickinthetires.net/index.php/2019/04/05/johnson-not-getting-ahead-of-himself-with-hendricks-gains/

Food City 500 Second Practice Speeds

https://www.mrn.com/2019/04/06/food-city-500-second-practice-speeds-2019-bristol/

Food City 500 Starting Lineup

https://www.mrn.com/2019/04/05/food-city-500-starting-lineup-2019-bristol/

Bristol Pit Stall Assignments

https://www.mrn.com/2019/04/06/2019-bristol-pit-stall-assignments-april/

Blaney Remains Positive

https://www.mrn.com/2019/04/06/ryan-blaney-remains-positive/

Alsco 300 Starting Lineup

https://www.mrn.com/2019/04/06/alsco-300-starting-lineup-2019-bristol/

Today’s Xfinity race at Bristol: Start time, lineup and more

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/04/06/todays-xfinity-race-at-bristol-start-time-lineup-and-more-2/

Cole Custer wins Bristol Xfinity pole

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/04/06/cole-custer-wins-bristol-xfinity-pole/

Erik Jones fastest in Saturday’s first Cup practice at Bristol

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/04/06/erik-jones-fastest-in-saturdays-first-cup-practice-at-bristol/

NASCAR warns drivers of penalties for missing media obligations

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/04/05/nascar-warns-drivers-of-penalties-for-missing-media-obligations/

Cup starting lineup at Bristol

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/04/05/cup-starting-lineup-at-bristol/

·          ___________________________________________________________

PODCASTS

 The Driven Life: Robby Lyons on treating concussions

https://jeffgluck.com/robby-lyons-concussion-treatment-dale-earnhardt-jr-book-driven-life-interview/

Garage Pass - National Show

April 5, 2019

At the already super-fast Bristol Motor Speedway the speeds are going to be up this weekend so Mark Garrow finds out what Brad Keselowski, Martin Truex, Jr. and Denny Hamlin think about that. Plus, news about Darrell Waltrip, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Jimmie Johnson.

https://www.goprn.com/shows/garage_pass/

     T V  * STREAMING *  L I S T I N G S

Courtesy TVRacer

www.tvracer.com

http://tvracer.com/images/adimages/Motor_Trend_590x90.jpg

Saturday, April 6 - Click banner above

1:15am-2:40pm (L)

Virgin Australia Supercars - Race 1

Symmons Plains

4:00am-5:40am (L)

Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia - Race 1

Sepang

7:25am-8:30am (L)

Lamborghini Super Trofeo Asia - Race 1

Sepang

1:30pm-2:30pm (L)

77th Goodwood - Gerry Marshall Trophy Race

Goodwood Circuit

9:10pm-10:00pm (L)

Virgin Australia Supercars - Race 2 Qualifying

Symmons Plains

10:10pm-12:15am (L)

Blancpain GT World Challenge Asia - Race 2

Sepang

11:40pm-1:30am (L)

Virgin Australia Supercars - Race 2

Symmons Plains

Sunday, April 7 - Click banner above

3:15am-4:20am (L)

Lamborghini Super Trofeo Asia - Race 2

Sepang

8:20am-9:20am (L)

77th Goodwood - Graham Hill Trophy Race

Goodwood Circuit

Thursday, April 11 - Click banner above

12:00pm-6:00pm (L)

Barrett-Jackson Auction

Palm Beach

Friday, April 12 - Click banner above

12:00pm-6:00pm (L)

Barrett-Jackson Auction

Palm Beach

Saturday, April 13 - Click banner above

12:00pm-6:00pm (L)

Barrett-Jackson Auction

Palm Beach

Saturday, April 6

12:00am-1:00am (R)

FS2

NHRA Sportsman Series

Gainesville

5:00am-6:30am (R)

FS1

NHRA Qualifying

Las Vegas

6:30am-7:30am (R)

FS1

Xfinity Final Practice

Bristol

7:30am-8:30am (R)

FS1

NASCAR Cup Qualifying

Bristol

7:55am-9:00am (L)

beIN Sports

Superbike World Championship #1

Aragon

8:30am-9:30am (L)

FS1

NASCAR Cup Practice #2

Bristol

9:30am-10:30am (L)

FS1

Xfinity Qualifying

Bristol

10:30am-11:00am

FS1

NASCAR Race Hub Weekend Edition

11:00am-12:00pm (L)

FS1

NASCAR Cup Final Practice

Bristol

11:40am (L)

NBC Sports Gold

IndyCar Practice #3

Barber

12:00pm-12:30pm

FS1

NASCAR Race Hub Weekend Edition

12:30pm-1:00pm (L) - Pre-Race
1:00pm-3:30pm (L) - Race
3:30pm-4:00pm (L) - Post-Race

FS1

Xfinity Series

Bristol

2:30pm-4:00pm (L)

FS2

MotoAmerica #1

Road Atlanta

4:00pm-5:30pm (L)

NBCSN

IndyCar Qualifying

Barber

8:00pm-9:00pm (SD/R)

beIN Sports

Superbike World Championship #1

Aragon

8:00pm-11:00pm (L)

NBCSN

AMA Supercross

Nashville

Sunday, April 7

7:00am-8:00am (R)
8:00
am-9:00am (R)
9:00
am-10:00am (R)
10:00
am-11:00am (R)

FS2

Kicker Arenacross

Greensboro
Chicago #1
Chicago #2
Salt Lake City

7:55am-9:00am (L)

beIN Sports

Superbike World Championship #2

Aragon

10:00am-11:00am (SD) - MX2
11:00
am-12:00pm (SD) - MXGP

CBSSN

FIM Motocross

Trentino

11:30am-12:30pm (SD)

FS1

NHRA Qualifying

Las Vegas

12:10pm (L)

NBC Sports Gold

IndyCar Final Warmup

Barber

12:30pm-2:00pm (L) - NASCAR RaceDay
2:00pm-5:30pm (L) - Race

FS1

NASCAR Cup

Bristol

1:00pm-4:00pm (R)

NBCSN

AMA Supercross

Nashville

2:30pm-4:00pm (L)

FS2

MotoAmerica #2

Road Atlanta

4:00pm-6:00pm (L) - Race
6:00pm-7:00pm (L) - Post-Race

NBCSN

IndyCar

Barber

5:30pm-8:30pm (SD)

FS1

NHRA

Las Vegas

7:30pm-8:00pm (SD)

beIN Sports

Superbike World Championship Superpole #2

Aragon

8:00pm-9:00pm (SD/R)

beIN Sports

Superbike World Championship #2

Aragon

Always CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS!

The Stock Car Gazette

Copyright 2002-2010 by MotorSportsNews.Net

All Rights Reserved

DONATIONS

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=6356277

Find us on Twitter

http://www.twitter.com/motorsportsnews

SUBSCRIBE / UNSUBSCRIBE  INFORMATION

http://groups.google.com/group/StockCarGazette

Miss an edition of the Stock Car Gazette?  Visit the E-ZINE ARCHIVE:

http://motorsportsnews.net/archives/category/stock-car-gazette/

IMPORTANT PRIVACY NOTICE:  The Stock Car Gazette mailing list is maintained completely by MotorSportsNews.Net.  Therefore, we can tell you we have not and will not ever share your e-mail address with anyone for any reason.

IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE:  ALL broadcast, publication, retransmission to e-mail lists, WWW or any other copying or storage, in any medium, online or not, is STRICTLY PROHIBITED without PRIOR written permission from the editor. However, you MAY manually forward an issue by e-mail to your friends IF 1.) The text is forwarded IN ITS ENTIRETY including all subscription and web page information, and 2.) NO FEE is charged. We ALWAYS appreciate readers who report violations of the copyright to webm...@motorsportsnews.net.

IMPORTANT PERSONAL NOTICE:  Do you know for sure?  You can.  http://motorsportsnews.net/you-can-know-for-sure

CONTACT INFORMATION

Mike Irwin, Owner/Webmaster

E-mail: Mi...@MotorSportsNews.Net