Unable to get extended data from for Players when using rconPassword

Milo van Loon

Jan 21, 2016, 12:03:36 PM1/21/16
to Steam Condenser
Hi,

I'm trying the following php code:

ini_set("display_errors", TRUE);

require_once ('../vendor/koraktor/steam-condenser/lib/steam-condenser.php');
$server = new SourceServer('78.22.56.230');

echo '<pre>';
print_r ($server->getPlayers());
echo '</pre>';

and it gives me player data, but not all the data.

I found that I needed to add the rcon password to the getPlayers method so I changed the following line

print_r ($server->getPlayers());

to (for obvious reasons this is a dummy password, but I entered what I set my server to have as admin password)

print_r ($server->getPlayers('password'));

I run the script again and it now returned:

Notice:  Sending packet of type "A2S_PLAYER_Packet"... in I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\vendor\koraktor\steam-condenser\lib\steam\sockets\SteamSocket.php on line 142

Notice:  Received reply of type "S2C_CHALLENGE_Packet" in I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\vendor\koraktor\steam-condenser\lib\steam\sockets\SourceSocket.php on line 80

Notice:  Expected S2A_PLAYER_Packet, got S2C_CHALLENGE_Packet. in I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\vendor\koraktor\steam-condenser\lib\steam\servers\GameServer.php on line 317

Notice:  Sending packet of type "A2S_PLAYER_Packet"... in I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\vendor\koraktor\steam-condenser\lib\steam\sockets\SteamSocket.php on line 142

Notice:  Received reply of type "S2A_PLAYER_Packet" in I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\vendor\koraktor\steam-condenser\lib\steam\sockets\SourceSocket.php on line 80

Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'SocketException' with message 'A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
' in I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\vendor\koraktor\steam-condenser\lib\TCPSocket.php:65
Stack trace:
#0 I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\vendor\koraktor\steam-condenser\lib\steam\sockets\RCONSocket.php(75): TCPSocket->connect('78.22.56.230', 27015, 1000)
#1 I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\vendor\koraktor\steam-condenser\lib\steam\servers\SourceServer.php(104): RCONSocket->send(Object(RCONAuthRequest))
#2 I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\vendor\koraktor\steam-condenser\lib\steam\servers\GameServer.php(425): SourceServer->rconAuth('password')
#3 I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\vendor\koraktor\steam-condenser\lib\steam\servers\GameServer.php(191): GameServer->updatePlayers('password')
#4 I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\arkcon\condenser_test.php(15): GameServer->getPlayers('password')
# in I:\arkserver\arkadmin\htdocs\vendor\koraktor\steam-condenser\lib\TCPSocket.php on line 65

Sidenote:

on my ARK server Manager I have enabled the RCON port: 32330.

Both 27015 and 32330 are TCP and UDP opened on my router.
No firewall is active when running the script, and if my internet provider or firewall should block it (I'm running the code on a local Bitnami WAMP Stack) shouldn't it also block the RCON commands send by ASM (Ark Server Manager) and ARK Remote admin tool (Both of which are running on my system)?

What am I doing wrong or am I overlooking?

I'll keep searching none the less.

Sebastian Staudt

Jan 21, 2016, 12:37:07 PM1/21/16
to Steam Condenser
Hi.

There’s already an open issue about RCON problems with ARK: https://github.com/koraktor/steam-condenser/issues/287
ARK is not a Source-engine game and I’m still investigating here.

The main problem here is probably, that the RCON port does not match the game port.
Source uses the same port for both, one UDP and one TCP.

Best regards,
    Sebastian

Milo van Loon

Jan 22, 2016, 6:11:01 AM1/22/16
to Steam Condenser
Hi Sebastian,

I did find your mention of the issue, when I backtracked my steps toward the main Steam-condensor github.

I'm not that great at PHP , but the way I see it, could it be solved by overriding the normal port number in the connection request in new RconServer, that adds not two, but three arguments in which the third could be the rcon portnumber?

Regards,

Milo

Sebastian Staudt

Jan 22, 2016, 9:45:55 AM1/22/16
to Steam Condenser
You can probably create the server instance with the correct RCON port directly. I think the query functionality won't work with ARK at all.