can anyone give an easiest example of use this tool in java

polish little guy

Aug 30, 2014, 12:31:37 PM8/30/14
to steam-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
im totally new in java and i wanted to make easy application that can ask server of counter strike source / GO if there are players on this server and their names. im not using maven but clean java (i know some other programming leanguages, but java is new for me). can anyone help me and give me easiest example of using steam condenser to query game server or give at least an advice what to look for? (i think with full example i could figure out how to make what i want).
Message has been deleted

polish little guy

Aug 31, 2014, 4:50:14 AM8/31/14
to steam-c...@googlegroups.com
i tried to use java files instead of jar and that was my problem - some issues with two methods (something with logging). now i used jar 1.3.3 nad i have problem even using the example of use:
GoldSrcServer server = new GoldSrcServer("192.168.0.114", 27016);

i get an exception permision denied. the same when trying to use SourceServer.
Could you please help me and give me a tip what can i do wrong? im using eclipse and trying to make android app.

Sebastian Staudt

Aug 31, 2014, 5:09:17 AM8/31/14
to steam-c...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

The examples should help to get started. Other information is usually available in the JavaDocs.

But please don't start using a library (no matter which one) with an outdated version. Steam Condenser is currently at version 1.3.8.

However, your problem is not related to the version. “Permission denied” is triggered by your operating system. This usually occurs when using sockets on hosted servers which don't allow external connections.

Best regards,
    Sebastian