Hackerspace location - expenditures, payments etc..

fenre

Jun 16, 2011, 4:22:48 AM6/16/11
to stavanger-...@googlegroups.com
I've been thinking a bit on whether or not we should introduce a regular fee to cover expenses like electricity, gas etc.
Since we are still a very small hackerspace, with <20 members, where - up until now - only a few are regulars, I don't think we should have like a fixed monthly fee (yet at least).

What I propose is that I buy some sodas and beers, put them in the fridge, and overcharge for them. The income then go to the charitable cause of covering some part of the electricity bill.
Sodas are quite expensive in this country, so I'll probably have to cash out 11 kr for a can of Coca-Cola. I'll then go ahead and ask 15 or 20 kr from the guy/gal who wants to buy one..

What do you think of this?

Austin Bingham

Jun 16, 2011, 4:44:05 AM6/16/11
to stavanger-...@googlegroups.com
I think that this is a fine idea. We had a similar system at one of my
jobs, and we made enough profit from 'overcharging' each semester to
throw little parties.

Austin

Bjørn Hegle

Jun 16, 2011, 5:46:22 AM6/16/11
to stavanger-...@googlegroups.com
yepp..good idea

fenre

Jul 25, 2011, 4:00:33 AM7/25/11
to stavanger-...@googlegroups.com
I'm now almost finished with fixing up the workshop, and I hope to to the remaining painting before this weeks meeting. I would therefore invite anyone who is interested to join me this thursday to decorate the room. I'm thinking along the lines of painting comic characters on the wall, building work benches, shelves, chairs etc.

Any thoughts on things we can do?

ɯɐɥƃuıq uıʇsnɐ

Jul 25, 2011, 4:10:32 AM7/25/11
to stavanger-...@googlegroups.com
You're talking about getting together on Thursday before 6?

fenre

Jul 25, 2011, 4:13:06 AM7/25/11
to stavanger-...@googlegroups.com
Not really. I'm talking about doing this instead of fiddling with electronics :P

ɯɐɥƃuıq uıʇsnɐ

Jul 25, 2011, 4:15:37 AM7/25/11
to stavanger-...@googlegroups.com
Ah, ok! I'm definitely happy to work on that kind of stuff. We've been
talking about building a workbench at home, so this will give me some
good practice!

Austin

fenre

Jul 26, 2011, 7:42:18 AM7/26/11
to stavanger-...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking about painting some funny characters on the walls. Here are some examples:

Please add more suggestions :)

Bjørn Hegle

Jul 26, 2011, 7:48:19 AM7/26/11
to stavanger-...@googlegroups.com