Inventables

Austin Bingham

May 2, 2011, 3:09:29 PM5/2/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
I just across a pretty cool online store, Inventables:

http://www.inventables.com/

They sell all sorts of crazy materials like suction cup tape,
temperature sensitive glass, aluminum foam...it goes on and on. I
figured you guys might like it :)

Austin

David

May 2, 2011, 4:16:39 PM5/2/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
wow, great site! lots of inspiring materials and components

Solveig

May 5, 2011, 8:25:00 AM5/5/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
Cool. A lot of nice stuff. I would like such kind of tires on the bike
I will keep permanently at Gausel station...then no one can deflate my
tires and keep me from getting from Gausel station to work.
http://www.inventables.com/technologies/pneumatic-foam-tires

I wonder how a shirt would look when made out of this:
http://www.inventables.com/technologies/temperature-sensitive-color-change-fabric--3
or maybe a raincoat?

Or maybe this?

http://www.inventables.com/technologies/thermochromic-flexible-vinyl-material

Might be this store has some good material to build the kite camera
case in?...or we can just wrap the camera in bubble wrap ;)

Kjell Kristian Torgersen

May 5, 2011, 8:33:06 AM5/5/11
to Solveig, Stavanger HackerSpace
It is Thursday today, is there any hacker-space meeting today?

Austin Bingham

May 5, 2011, 9:32:41 AM5/5/11
to Stavanger HackerSpace
I plan to be there, and I'll probably be bringing a new member.

Austin

fenre

May 6, 2011, 4:26:36 AM5/6/11
to stavanger-...@googlegroups.com, Solveig
The rule is that if no other message is given, then there is a meeting. :)