How can I manually update a service status from the web ui?

Girish Sastry

Aug 23, 2013, 1:07:12 PM8/23/13
to stash...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it possible to manually update a service status from the web ui, or is everything done programmatically? I couldn't see a way to manually update a service status from the /admin dashboard.

Thanks,
Girish

Sean Wong

Aug 24, 2013, 9:00:28 PM8/24/13
to stash...@googlegroups.com
Hi Girish
Do you have a screenshot of your admin page?
Im a noob on stashboard and found the concept a little obtuse
I'm happy to guide you along

I ran up a few examples using the local google appengine and worked my way around but I'm considering starting some sort of "stashboard for dummies" wiki.

I think It's hard to do if your more experienced as you know the answers and avoid the dead ends

Would you contribute screen shots of your experience so far?
Particularly items like the question you just posted?

girish sastry

Aug 25, 2013, 5:28:52 PM8/25/13
to stash...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sean,

Can you be more specific in what you're asking for? Here's a screenshot of my status page. I was just curious if there's a way to update the service status from the page directly instead of programmatically via the API.

http://cl.ly/image/0E1E2N3I1l1h

August 24, 2013 6:00 PM
August 23, 2013 10:07 AM

Sean Wong

Aug 26, 2013, 2:56:55 AM8/26/13
to stash...@googlegroups.com
Inline images 1 Lets

Aus Mobile: +61 419 222 321
AUS Office: +61 2 8005 7426
US Cell:+1 9319 222 321
HK Office:+852 81999 657

postbox-contact.jpg
compose-unknown-contact.jpg
Stashboard_Status_Update.bmp

girish sastry

Aug 26, 2013, 3:15:05 AM8/26/13
to stash...@googlegroups.com
Ah thanks! Didn't realize I had to click on the service to see the update bar, dumb.

August 25, 2013 11:56 PM
Inline images 1 Lets

Aus Mobile: +61 419 222 321
AUS Office: +61 2 8005 7426
US Cell:+1 9319 222 321
HK Office:+852 81999 657

August 25, 2013 2:28 PM

Sean Wong

Aug 26, 2013, 9:41:45 AM8/26/13
to stash...@googlegroups.com
yes as I said
the documentation Ux needs just that little extra polish.

please grab screenshots as you go It's capturing those little gotcha's that make the code mature.

regards

Aus Mobile: +61 419 222 321
AUS Office: +61 2 8005 7426
US Cell:+1 9319 222 321