Integrating with ServiceNow (no OAuth support); Can I use basic Auth when hosted on AppSpot

Guy Hussussian

Mar 19, 2013, 6:09:11 PM3/19/13
to stash...@googlegroups.com
Team,

I am integrating Stashboard with ServiceNow.  Their rest client only supports basic auth.  Is there any way to host this on AppSpot but not use OAuth?.  Any help is appreciated

-Guy

Guy Hussussian

Mar 20, 2013, 12:05:06 PM3/20/13
to stash...@googlegroups.com
Simply restated... I want to use Basic Auth on Stashboard when hosted on AppSpot.  Or at least for now disable Auth on /admin/api

Kyle Conroy

Mar 20, 2013, 1:11:38 PM3/20/13
to stash...@googlegroups.com

Guy,

Currently, only Oath is supported for API authentication. However, you could take out the OAuth credential code and replace it with basic authentication.

You could also disable authentication altogether, but I highly suggest not doing that as unauthenticated API access is a security vulnerability.

Guy Hussussian

Mar 21, 2013, 10:19:08 AM3/21/13
to stash...@googlegroups.com, ky...@kyleconroy.com
I am looking to do a quick proof of concept on this.  Can you (or someone) point out the quickest way to bypass OAuth for now.  I will look to replace with basic Auth after the "Demo".