Stashboard EVENT POST works locally, BROKEN on Live at AppSpot

Clint Lauby

Sep 22, 2015, 12:39:47 PM9/22/15
to Stashboard
So these Bash scripts work on my localhost with zero issues:

I've used 'example', 'a-service' and 'asdf1234asdf1234' as bogus data so poke and prod away :)

$    curl --request POST http://localhost:8080/admin/api/v1/services/a-service/events --data 'status=up&message=hello'
$    curl --request POST http://localhost:8080/admin/api/v1/services/a-service/events --data 'status=down&message=goodbye'

I am able to submit event after event, no issues.

But using the same scripts on the live application:

$     curl --request POST http://example.appspot.com/admin/api/v1/services/a-service/events --data 'status=up&message=hello'

Does not work, doesn't return an error in any way. So I grabbed the JSON here:

https://example.appspot.com/admin/api/v1/services/a-service/events

I found my 'SID' and tosses it on the end of the URL for the CURL/POST request as the Doc specifies here:

https://stashboard.readthedocs.org/en/latest/restapi.html

I appended the SID to the URL

$     curl --request POST http://example.appspot.com/admin/api/v1/services/a-service/events/asdf1234asdf1234 --data 'status=up&message=hello'

Also tried:

$     curl --request POST http://example.appspot.com/admin/api/v1/services/a-service/events/asdf1234asdf1234 --data 'status=up&message=hello&sid=asdf1234asdf1234'

Still no results, errors or anything like that.

Please help, we've thrown away Cachet for client server status awareness because of it's highly coupled nature.

I want to be a Stashboard Enthusiast :)