Stashboard is reset on google app crash

X Eng

Jan 8, 2016, 10:49:41 AM1/8/16
to Stashboard
Hi all,

I ran into an issue with stash-board. I was running the Google app engine on server 2012 in a local set-up. The server rebooted overnight doing updates and the local user was logged in at the time with Google app engine running. When I logged back in the next day, I relaunched the Google app engine and started the app. All the settings were wiped out. I had to re-setup everything... Is there anyway to prevent this?

Has anyone encountered this issue?

Ta,

Anurag Sood

Jan 25, 2016, 7:11:59 AM1/25/16
to Stashboard
I guess the reason that could have happened is because with a reboot your /temp or /tmp (whatever is there) is getting cleared. To fix this problem:

1) Change the environment variable /temp or /tmp to a specific location which does not gets cleared with a server bounce

2) Just configure your app as you would have done earlier.

I hope this will help you.

Regards,
Anurag